Jobs original iPhone ringtone?

Mactech

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
This may have been posted already, has anyone been able to find the ringtone that Jobs has? I heard it somewhere, it sounds cool, although not included with our iPhone (yet)

FAsnakes

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
yes, I also asked about it earlier. I even called Apple support about it. The guy checked into it but eventually he said “currently, the only ringtones that are available with the iPhone a loaded onto the phone. He couldn’t even tell me the name of the tone… If you happen to find it, be sure to post back here..

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
This may have been posted already, has anyone been able to find the ringtone that Jobs has? I heard it somewhere, it sounds cool, although not included with our iPhone (yet)
Are you talking about the one from the commercials or the one from the keynote? The keynote one I'm pretty sure was Marimba, and it's on there. The one from the commercials is missing but I'm sure you can find it online and use iPhoneRingToneMaker to put it on there.

antithetic

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
The song from the commercial is called "Perfect Timing" by Orba Squara. You can purchase the track off iTunes or direct through them. They have a MySpace page with contact info.

I cropped portion of the song and set it as my ring tone. It's subtle enough for me to leave my phone off silent mode in the office without being too ostentatious.

Also a great soundtrack to use while showing off the phone to others. :cool:

mike3141

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
The ringtone in the commercial is from iLife '06--you can find it here:

/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/iLife Sound Effects/Work - Home/Cell Phone Ringing.aif

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
The ringtone in the commercial is from iLife '06--you can find it here:

/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/iLife Sound Effects/Work - Home/Cell Phone Ringing.aif
Is that a program for Macs? I've never heard of it.

And would it be ok for you to post it on the internet somewhere, like mediafire.com, or would that be copyright infringement?

mike3141

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
All of the files associated with iLife '06 (programs and data) are all covered by Apple's copyright. Apple grants the purchaser of the program a license to use the programs and data but not to redistribute them.

t-mack

Jul 18, 2007
What portion did you crop for the ringtone?

I purchased the track from the iTunes Store and I have the iPhoneringtonemaker software. Can you tell me what section of the song matches the commercial. If you used the software what was the beginning and end points of the tone?

Thanks!

The song from the commercial is called "Perfect Timing" by Orba Squara. You can purchase the track off iTunes or direct through them. They have a MySpace page with contact info.

I cropped portion of the song and set it as my ring tone. It's subtle enough for me to leave my phone off silent mode in the office without being too ostentatious.

Also a great soundtrack to use while showing off the phone to others. :cool:

antithetic

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I bought the album direct (I like to support indie artists) so I ripped the track to MP3. I used Audacity to cut up the MP3 at about the 13 second mark for about 30 seconds.

I purchased the track from the iTunes Store and I have the iPhoneringtonemaker software. Can you tell me what section of the song matches the commercial. If you used the software what was the beginning and end points of the tone?

Thanks!

t-mack

Jul 18, 2007
Thanks! I just used the iPhone Ringtone maaker software and started at the 13 sec mark for 30 seconds and dumped it to the phone. It sounds great!

Thanks Again for the help!

I bought the album direct (I like to support indie artists) so I ripped the track to MP3. I used Audacity to cut up the MP3 at about the 13 second mark for about 30 seconds.

Mactech

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Thanks for all the information

I found what I think is close to what Steve Jobs has on his iPhone. (MacWorld and dev conference) I am going to use the Cell phone ringer sound from iLife 06.

But now I got started and can't stop there, Lets see... Chewbacca and other sci-fi sound effects, some other geeky sounds too, this is madness it will never end :laugh2:

I love my iPhone... :p

bcaslis

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Oregon
Where do you find this sound in iLife 06 (which program or directory)?

I found what I think is close to what Steve Jobs has on his iPhone. (MacWorld and dev conference) I am going to use the Cell phone ringer sound from iLife 06.

But now I got started and can't stop there, Lets see... Chewbacca and other sci-fi sound effects, some other geeky sounds too, this is madness it will never end :laugh2:

I love my iPhone... :p

Mactech

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
sound file location

Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/iLife Sound Effects/Work - Home

The last is the folder with the actual sound clip. If you look in the folder that is iLife Sound Effects you will see allot of other folders with different sound effects in them. :)

Where do you find this sound in iLife 06 (which program or directory)?

bcaslis

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Oregon
That's definitely the sound from the iPhone commercials. No doubt the cellphone ringtone in there is the same one. Thanks!

Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/iLife Sound Effects/Work - Home

The last is the folder with the actual sound clip. If you look in the folder that is iLife Sound Effects you will see allot of other folders with different sound effects in them. :)