"Jobs" Trailer #1 and "Man of Steel"

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I really like Ashton Kutcher ever since his role as Michael Kelso in That 70s Show (still my favorite role for him), and I believe he's a great actor, but I just don't see him as Steve Jobs.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I really like Ashton Kutcher ever since his role as Michael Kelso in That 70s Show (still my favorite role for him), and I believe he's a great actor, but I just don't see him as Steve Jobs.
I like Ashton too, a lot actually. I agree though, after watching the preview a couple times he just doesn't seem to have the sheer intensity that oozed from the Jobs character when I read the biography. I don't think Kutcher can sell the "Reality Distortion Field" well enough. Can't wait to see the movie though! :)

Do I have anyone else in mind that I think could do a better job? Not at the moment, no. I am thankful it wasn't Tom Cruise though.

Edit: I think Cruise has the intensity, but he's a tad short...

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I had realllly low expectations - but after seeing that trailer - they've completely flipped. It looks like it's gonna be amazing!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I think it will be a solid rental. An average movie that might be more interesting for Apple enthusiasts.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I'm putting $100 on Kutcher winning an oscar for it, not that I think he deserves it at all.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I don't think Kutcher will be nominated, but there's pretty much no chance Jobs will be worse than Man of Steel. I just got out of The Purge and that's an Oscar-worthy movie compared to Man of Steel. I think I went five years without seeing a superhero movie...I'm good for another five.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
So you skipped Avengers, but went to Man of Steel?

Avengers, Thor and The Dark Knight!

Speaking of superhero movies, I am excited for The Wolverine. Not only am I a huge fan of Hugh Jackman and most of his work, Wolverine was always my favorite character in the X-Men series.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Ashton does look like Steve back in the day, few kids at school even commented on it when I was reading it.

I'll watch the movie ASAP, and I hope the delay in release is worth it. Will this be in theaters or just on DVD?

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Iron Man 3 wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be; however, the first two were great.

And Mindi, I absolutely hate musicals as well.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Iron Man 3 wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be; however, the first two were great.

And Mindi, I absolutely hate musicals as well.
I only really like two musicals, and they're weird choices, since I have no religious beliefs: "Jesus Christ Superstar" and "Godspell." Go figure. I'm a mass of contradictions. :D

Oh, and "Tommy."

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Crazy Talk! I absolutely loved Man of Steel. What didn't you like about it?
It seemed to be a film for those with attention deficit. Protracted fight scenes, simplistic plot...

Oh, both of you can throw each other through four or five buildings? Thanks - I got that the first three times you did it.

To me, it was just silly.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
As a hobbyist video editor and enthusiast, I went into the movie expecting a simplistic storyline but great state of the art, best in class CGI - and my expectations were met and exceeded. I agree this wasn't a thinking movie like Cloud Atlas, but I don't think it was billed that way to begin with.

I expected an action movie with traditional superman elements (like the multi building punches and such) but done with a 2013 technological twist and that's what I got.