Jon and Kate plus eight.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Did anybody watch this train wreck? Just curious about other peoples opinions of what they saw.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
i was over at a friends house yesterday with some people, all the women had to turn this on when it was time. us guys saw the first 5 min then proceeded out onto the patio because all we could do was...

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
^don't bother us with your crazy erotic fantasies :)

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Pepe is into facepalms because he saw them a lot growing up. I'm actually surprised you let the women have their way. I figured you would have "put them in their place".

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
they got what they deserved later on in the night

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
I don't know how anybody can stand to watch this show. I've only seen a few episodes and from what I've seen Kate is always griping & the kids don't know how to listen. The whole family is out of control.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I don't know how anybody can stand to watch this show. I've only seen a few episodes and from what I've seen Kate is always griping & the kids don't know how to listen. The whole family is out of control.
I agree. I cannot stand watching the show. Kate constantly complains and it seems as if the dad couldn't care less if he had 8 kids or not.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Its a ratings ploy. They are getting 75grand an episode, the house they're in costs 1.3million. He quit his day job, and all she does is ***** and complain at him for really simple stuff. They're just gathering hype for the show again whether ratings are going down, or to spark a "i gota see this moment" so they can reap in more money now that people "think" they are getting a divorce.

Its all about the ratings, and at 75grand per episode it would be hilariously stupid for Jon and Kate to divorce. Besides the alimony or divorce settlements would be sparce considering child support split between 8 children would wear down any settlement money quite quickly.

You can compare this to MTV's The Hills show. The whole "fight" between Heidi and Lauren is fake...but people are like "i have to see this" so they watch and the ratings shoot up. Lauren makes an est 1.5million annually from the show etc.

Those who actually think anything these reality tv shows spit out is real you'll learn the trend of When a show gets boring, do something drastic to spark interest. But in the mean time, keep watching all the public is doing is paying their next mortgage.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Child support adds up PER child. So the parent with the full custody would indeed get a nice sum depending on the net worth of the other spouse and how much a judge determined was necessary to raise the children.

And of course it's all a ratings hype but obviously some aspects of it are true. The media and TLC can hype it to a certain extent but there is at least a vestige of truth.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
I've only seen one episode, but from what i saw she treats Jon like crap.

I just look at this show and laugh, because either way Jon cant escape. He's locked into the marriage (or payments from a divorce) because there is 8 kids. I hope america learns not to have more than (in this case), a couple can even handle.

Either way, Ratings ploy, or actual divorce. If she gets the children she's no different from mama Octopussy...I mean they have money but its not that much and when or if it runs out she'll get gov't help since the family is a media spectacle.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I just look at this show and laugh, because either way Jon cant escape. He's locked into the marriage (or payments from a divorce) because there is 8 kids. I hope america learns not to have more than you or in this case, a couple can even handle.
Have you seen the Duggar family on TLC? They're not "dysfunctional" in the traditional sense but still annoying.