Joyous rapture from Update 1.1.1 !

fug2000

Aug 1, 2007
I know that for the most part Update 1.1.1 hasn't excited a whole lot of people. But, for me, I just plugged my iPhone into my Kenwood DDX-8019 headunit and ALL MY TOUCH CONTROLS WORK for my iPhone! Its like finding a hidden Easter egg. When I originally got my iPhone on day 2, the headunit didn't even recognize the iPhone. When the first update came down, someow Apple enabled the music to play through. I still had to navigate through the music on the iPhone though. Update 1.1.1 now allows the music navigation AND the artist/album/song title to be displayed on-screen. The video button is also enabled on-screen but a "load error" occurs. Almost, but not quite there. One more update and I'll be there! Now I (almost)feel bad about all the bad mouthin' I was doing about the new update being worthless. ;)

fug2000

Aug 1, 2007
So does the KW have touch controls? What do you mean all your touch controls work?

Thx!

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-MlmkyAnkyFL/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=300&I=113DDX8019
Yes, the Kenwood is a touchscreen model and the controls on its iPod screen can control the iPhone's music navigation. You can scroll through all the music on the iPhone and choose any artist/song/album/playlist on it. Just plug-in the iPhone and everything is done on the Kenwood. It will also play the audio portion of the videos on the iPhone.
I was on the Crutchfield forum earlier, and someone is having some random success playing some videos. He hasn't figured out yet why some play and others don't. I'll be following that thread to see what happens and try to duplicate his results.

iphonecrazyy

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
Already worked with the AVIC-D3, I'm loving it. Glad to hear it works for yours as well now.

Does the iPhone section of your screen read "accessory attached" when connected

Just curious

Lester56

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Hmmm....

My 2008 Scion xB works with my Video iPod as I can control the playlists and iPod through the headunit of the car. I wonder if after 1.1.1 my iPhone works the same (?)