July 11

mhynek

Feb 15, 2008
I am a VERY long time user of handhelds, starting with a Psion Series 3a and then switching to Windows Mobile when Symbian/Epoc was not able to handle to the new internet protocols. WM has been a very interesting platform to work with because of the ability to use 3rd party apps and multiple accessories including bluetooth GPS receivers. Yes, I know that other platforms have similar capabilities, but WM was able to multitask and that's what I wanted. For example, listening to my mp3's while being guided to my destination via TomTom while I covered 14 states for work. I loved being able to take my information, games, maps, email, documents, etc. with me wherever I went, knowing I had a backup on my computer should anything happen to my device. However, this new iPhone is the first NON-windows device that has really caught my attention. I am disappointed that it still lacks native MMS and that the battery is not easily changeable. In the future, I am hopefull that 3rd parties will solve these two issues and my disappointments will become moot. My question is, do you think it will be possible to listen to music WHILE using the GPS/Map functions?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Well you can listen to music while using the current Maps application so I don't expect anything different with the 3G iPhone.

mhynek

Feb 15, 2008
Thank you for such a quick response! Since you were able to answer that question with relative ease...Do you know, off hand, if there are any kits available to easily change the battery on an iPhone ourselves?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
The battery removal process isn't that difficult (from what I hear) as long as you have some experience with electronics and follow a good write-up. I haven't done it myself but I think it requires only a few tools such as screwdrivers and whatnot.

mhynek

Feb 15, 2008
Once again, many thanks! Have a great day Youngbinks!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
You too and welcome to the forums. Stick around, it's only going to get better from here.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
Well you can listen to music while using the current Maps application so I don't expect anything different with the 3G iPhone.

not a whole lot...they at least should have realeased the 2.0 software update today...