Jump to Top

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I don't know about you but when I'm reading posts and get to the bottom, I want a quick way to go back up and click New Posts. You might suggest that I use the two finger swipe to go back to the list of threads... or that I press cmd+up but in doing so it doesn't mark the thread as read. The other alternative is that I scroll back up to the top... that is time-consuming. It's late but what I'm trying to get at is that it would be useful when browsing the forums to have a link that would take you to the top of the page. If you have been on various websites before, you might have run across this or in other forums.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Are you referring to mobile, desktop or app? On Safari mobile, this is built-in to iOS.

We had something on the desktop site, but members found it too intrusive.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Sounds like he's referring the the full site on his MBP.

It would be nice if it updated the new posts list when you swiped to go back, but I see why it can't - it's just a cached version, which is nice because it's instantaneous.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Sounds like he's referring the the full site on his MBP.

It would be nice if it updated the new posts list when you swiped to go back, but I see why it can't - it's just a cached version, which is nice because it's instantaneous.
I'm referring to the full site on MBP. I agree it is nice to load a cached version, so would this feature not be possible given the behavior of the site?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I'm referring to the full site on MBP. I agree it is nice to load a cached version, so would this feature not be possible given the behavior of the site?
Yes, I think so. If we went that route, than people have to experience a reload.