June 11th?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
c|net News.com is reporting that AT&T/Cingular has confirmed the date of the iPhone release to be June 11th, the same day that the Apple Worldwide Developer's Conference begins... rumor or fact?

DaveNYC

May 15, 2007
No need to be sorry. There are so dates and rumors flying around, it's hard to know what to believe. I would love for the drop date to be June 11, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The general consensus these days seems to be June 29.

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
The general consensus these days seems to be June 29.
It looks like they're shooting for the last possible day in June so as to maintain the "june release date". Not that there's anything wrong with that...if it takes a couple extra weeks to make sure there's enough supply to meet demand, then i'm all for it. I would hate to wait in a long line at the Apple store with only 5-10 iPhones in stock.

another thing, june 29 is a friday...do cell phones/gadgets usually have a normal release day like movies (friday) and music (tuesdays)? i'm sure Apple wouldn't conform to it even if there was one.

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
I was just hopeful, since I will be going out of town for two weeks on vacation on June 24th and would love to have my iPhone before I leave.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
You had me... until I read the CNET posting date.:mad:

My money is still on June 29th. The only word from Apple has been "late June". Cingular usually updates their site on Sunday nights. Friday does seem like an odd day to launch.

-Chris

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
Now that the FCC has approved the iPhone, we should start to see rumors/intel flowing in shortly on production ramping up. The delivery dates of those shipments might give some clues as to when to expect the phone.

Although Apple is holding to late June, that may be just to save face for shipping delays. My bets are on June 15 if that sales memo means anything. What's the point of a memo on vacation time if you're not going to get product for another couple weeks?

Cingular updates their site Sunday night eh? That doesn't rule out the possibility of a pre-order opportunity online on Monday (when Steve makes the Keynote) for late delivery in June either. If Jobs doesn't announce the release date or availabilty at the Keynote, I'd be very surprised (unless of course Apple announce prior to that).

May 6, 2007
United States
Now that the FCC has approved the iPhone, we should start to see rumors/intel flowing in shortly on production ramping up. The delivery dates of those shipments might give some clues as to when to expect the phone.

Although Apple is holding to late June, that may be just to save face for shipping delays. My bets are on June 15 if that sales memo means anything. What's the point of a memo on vacation time if you're not going to get product for another couple weeks?

Cingular updates their site Sunday night eh? That doesn't rule out the possibility of a pre-order opportunity online on Monday (when Steve makes the Keynote) for late delivery in June either. If Jobs doesn't announce the release date or availabilty at the Keynote, I'd be very surprised (unless of course Apple announce prior to that).
Very true. As of now, there is absolutely no way to tell exactly when the iPhone will be released, with all these rumors being passed around. As we have said in other threads, though, it is likely they will announce the date on 10 a.m (PST?) on June 11th, 2007, when Steve Jobs opens WWDC, or the Worldwide Developers Conference, with an Apple keynote. Until then, I am assuming that the unconfirmed rumors will continue. Stay posted.