June 29th - AT 6PM

rlp2011

Bronze
May 30, 2007
That's why we need to camp out what would you do if you go there the 28th at 8pm and u see no body is there so you would say ahh is fin i will be here early tomorrow and u get there like 6 and BAMMM a full line....sincerely I don’t want that to happened to me I rater to look like a stupid all night by my self to be a jack and no get one......
Just my $0.02 cn

stuart9682

Bronze
May 29, 2007
well as long as you don't die anytime before 6PM on the 30th of June then you can have it. but then again the longer you camp out without food/shelter the greater your chances of dying so its a vicious trade-off.. whatever you choose, good luck!

MadDog31

Bronze
May 15, 2007
Wilmington, NC
www.bitterfans.com
Don't get so worked up. He said SHIPPED at 6PM on the 29th. That means all the iPHones that are purchased through Apple.com that day will be shipped that afternoon. He wouldn't have said "shipped" if he meant "go on sale."

I think 6PM is their normal shipping time for all Apple.com orders.
I really hope you're right...that does make sense now that I think of it.

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
Here is a shot in the dark...you walk into AT&T on the 29th and they don't have any iPhones...stay with me...you go to the rep and say where is my iPhone. They tell you you will receive it in a few days just simply place an order with us, we will setup your account and it will be shipped to your door and you will just have to call to activate (like a credit card). I really think this is how it will work. This way they ensure every store has a chance to sell these puppies!:laugh2:

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Which means if you get standard 3-5 day shipping you may not see it till the following friday.

josec99

Jun 8, 2007
You know what though, wasn't Jobs' words "shipping at 6pm". I don't think it will be available in any stores on the 29th. It might just be orders that are taken at the Online Apple store that day or (hopefully) pre-orders.

They are still fulfilling their promise to be "available" in June but really got delayed a week and have it in all their "brick and mortar" stores by Tuesday July 3rd.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Don't get so worked up. He said SHIPPED at 6PM on the 29th. That means all the iPHones that are purchased through Apple.com that day will be shipped that afternoon. He wouldn't have said "shipped" if he meant "go on sale."

I think 6PM is their normal shipping time for all Apple.com orders.
I was thinking the exact same thing. This is of course assuming that they do preorders or orders via Apple.com. We can only hope that this is the case. Either way, I'm still going to be at my local AT&T store no matter what the morning of June 29.

stuart9682

Bronze
May 29, 2007
i am likely ordering online to avoid the fuss. If you have ever ordered an Apple product online before then you know that it RARELY takes 3 businesss days to get your package. Usually received between 24-48 hours after placing the order. Guaranteed to be in stock, and no camping in the 90 degree weather.

iWant iPhone

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
You know what though, wasn't Jobs' words "shipping at 6pm". I don't think it will be available in any stores on the 29th. It might just be orders that are taken at the Online Apple store that day or (hopefully) pre-orders.

They are still fulfilling their promise to be "available" in June but really got delayed a week and have it in all their "brick and mortar" stores by Tuesday July 3rd.
where does it say they are gonna be delayed in stores, that would so SUCK, i doubt it.

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
I think this way they can ensure that the masses will have them without the stores getting burned down by the pitchfork wielding mobs!

Jun 5, 2007
i am likely ordering online to avoid the fuss. If you have ever ordered an Apple product online before then you know that it RARELY takes 3 businesss days to get your package. Usually received between 24-48 hours after placing the order. Guaranteed to be in stock, and no camping in the 90 degree weather.
i ordered an ipod mini from Apple online and had to wait two months before it finally arrived

josec99

Jun 8, 2007
where does it say they are gonna be delayed in stores, that would so SUCK, i doubt it.
I'm just saying. You know Jobs' is very careful with his words. Shipping at 6pm will mean that. He would've said Available at 6pm if that was the case. Mark my words it'll only be available online on the 29th.

timschizzle

Bronze
May 22, 2007
I'm just saying. You know Jobs' is very careful with his words. Shipping at 6pm will mean that. He would've said Available at 6pm if that was the case. Mark my words it'll only be available online on the 29th.
shipping at 6pm makes sense, thats when last trucks pick up outgoing shipments.

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
ok according to engadget's covergage of WWDC jobs said this...

11:16AM - "The iPhone ships on June 29th, that is just 18 days from today. I believe it's 6pm in the evening it will go on sale... now, what about developers?" Huge applause.
From that I get, it will be available for purchase at 6pm on 6/29/07. Also the "i believe" tells me he's not 100% sure or its not set in stone.

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
Going on sale at 6 just simply makes no sense what so ever. I have my rehearsal dinner for my wedding that night, then I get married the next day, then off to Mexico. If I miss this thing I am not going to be a happy camper;)

vtecryder00

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
So Dat Means They Will Not Sell Any iPhones Until 6pm On The 29th Sharp? Steve Jobs Is Killing Me. Might Hav 2 Call Off. iPhone Costing Me Even Mor Money.....