June 29th - AT 6PM

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
It wasn't a joke. Call your local Apple Stores to confirm. They are releasing it at 6PM on 6/29, not a second before.

masoud90

Bronze
Jun 1, 2007
Wow I wonder what the point of that whole thing is?Maybe have people not camp out maybe?

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Before we knew the date people were saying the same thing about a Friday release. That it didn't make sense and other days of the week were more likely. 6pm seems like a reasonable time to me, catch folks after work/school, open until midnight, that kind of thing. :)

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Don't get so worked up. He said SHIPPED at 6PM on the 29th. That means all the iPHones that are purchased through Apple.com that day will be shipped that afternoon. He wouldn't have said "shipped" if he meant "go on sale."

I think 6PM is their normal shipping time for all Apple.com orders.
Actually, he said "will go on sale at 6pm, I believe"...

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Before we knew the date people were saying the same thing about a Friday release. That it didn't make sense and other days of the week were more likely. 6pm seems like a reasonable time to me, catch folks after work/school, open until midnight, that kind of thing. :)
At&t stores aren't opened until midnight. they close at 7 PM. It ain't happening in At&t stores. Maybe in Apple stores, but not At&t.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
At&t stores aren't opened until midnight. they close at 7 PM. It ain't happening in At&t stores. Maybe in Apple stores, but not At&t.
Apple store are not open until midnight either. ;)

Jun 5, 2007
my guess is they will go on sale at 6pm at Apple stores, however they will go on sale at opening for AT&T stores

Jun 1, 2007
Standing in line

i am likely ordering online to avoid the fuss. If you have ever ordered an Apple product online before then you know that it RARELY takes 3 businesss days to get your package. Usually received between 24-48 hours after placing the order. Guaranteed to be in stock, and no camping in the 90 degree weather.
That's the way to do it! ALthough hanging out with a bunch of Mac users for an evening may be kind of fun anyway. I remember standing outside an Apple store waiting for a chance to get a free mac. I didn't win, but it wasn't an unpleasant experience.

mjsteve2

Jun 12, 2007
everyone, what Steve Jobs said was real. the iPhone will be sold at 6pm june 29th. it will be an event at Apple stores and AT&T stores. because most Apple stores and AT&T stores close not to long after 6pm. so we know this will be an event at both AT&T and Apple stores from 6pm to midnight. just like the tiger release and the mini release. has everyone forgot that Apple has AT&T wrapped around their finger! what Apple says goes. its the biggest product launch ever, so why not make it the biggest event ever. even I want the phone to be released in the morning. but if Jobs says its 6pm on friday june 29th. then i expect it to be a big event. just my 2cents. but I will be there from the 28th waiting just incase.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
everyone, what Steve Jobs said was real. the iPhone will be sold at 6pm june 29th. it will be an event at Apple stores and AT&T stores. because most Apple stores and AT&T stores close not to long after 6pm. so we know this will be an event at both AT&T and Apple stores from 6pm to midnight. just like the tiger release and the mini release. has everyone forgot that Apple has AT&T wrapped around their finger! what Apple says goes. its the biggest product launch ever, so why not make it the biggest event ever. even I want the phone to be released in the morning. but if Jobs says its 6pm on friday june 29th. then i expect it to be a big event. just my 2cents. but I will be there from the 28th waiting just incase.
Welcome to EiP! Where are you getting this extended hours information from? I haven't seen any announcements about this. All I saw was the 6 PM reference in the keynote yesterday, but other than an appointment on a picture of the iPhone, nothing has been posted on either site or announced in the media about extended hours and the release beginning at At&t and Apple.