June 29th! It's official!

WTEngel

Bronze
May 22, 2007
Texas
I was watching Everybody Hates Chris like the poster stated she was doing yesterday. And I saw the infamous disappearing iPhone commercial. It was just like she said. The iPhone spinning around, buttons being pressed...the iPhone was making all kinds of cool noises and stuff...literally a defining moment in my life! lol

At the end, it stated very clearly, "Coming, June 29th"

Wow, I apologize for any doubt I conveyed about the earlier posters veracity.

BTW, it was CW33 affiliate in Dallas / Fort Worth area. On during Everybody Hates Chris. Tune in, I swear I saw it!

lasquintanas

Bronze
May 21, 2007
Im gonna tivo Everybody Hates Chris at 6:30 my time (pacific). I don't get CW, just regular channel 5 so we'll see if it airs here tonite.

tompayne

Bronze
Apr 12, 2007
i also just saw the commercial. i hope that Mr.DumbDumb at howardforums is right about the 11th being the preorder date. apparently dumbdumb works for AT&T and is going through the training, he has been leaking info. over there.

WTEngel

Bronze
May 22, 2007
Texas
I am pretty sure it was in the first set of commercials. I am working at the fire station today and have been watching CW33 all day trying to glimpse this commercial I didn't believe aired last night. I am pretty sure it hasn't aired during any other show. Then again, people have been calling for help all day long too, so it is possible I might have missed it if it was on earlier.

I never watch CW33, and I don't think I am alone on that. Which makes me wonder, why that channel, why that time slot, why why why? Oh well, all I know is, it has a date, the date was the 29th, my guessing is over. All I have to do now is wait...

What will the next big contested rumor be?

tompayne

Bronze
Apr 12, 2007
middle of the show...though i don't live anywhere near the dallas fw area. same, i don't watch that show either, nor that channel for that matter.

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
I'm glad there's an offical date now, but I'm kinda bummed. I was hoping for the 26th cause i have of that day (my "weekends" are tuesday and wednesday) and I coulda camped out if it came down to that. Now I'm worried I won't get one. Hopefully they'll have enough to meet demand or Apple.com to the rescue.

WTEngel

Bronze
May 22, 2007
Texas
Judging from the security request, I believe AT&T stores will be receiveing shipments on the evening of the 25th or early morning of the 26th. They will probably have a fancy display set up in the stores (my guess why they would request the police all that week) and then on the 29th I will be calling all of my friends from my new iPhone to brag! haha!:cool:

WTEngel

Bronze
May 22, 2007
Texas
It does not look like the CW33 ad. I am seeing a lot of people who are saying it aired during Dateline on NBC also. This may be the NBC commercial.

I might not be 100% correct, I am at the fire station, and when those guys saw me flip out when this commercial came on, I basically had to wrestle the remote out of their hands and deal with them doing all they could to try and keep me from seeing this commercial. We get a lot of pleasure out of giving each other a really hard time. All that to say, I didn't get the best look at it. One thing is for sure, June 29th, official. No mistaking that point!

debest74

Bronze
May 4, 2007
Palo Alto, CA
OK....but almost before the ATT LOGO APPEARS with the date (right before that) it says USE REQUIRES NEW 2 YEAR ACTIVATION PLAN....I already have a plan with cingular...im gonna have to extend my existing contract:mad:
Im willing to pay full price for it, but are they going to sell it withput a new contract

debest74

Bronze
May 4, 2007
Palo Alto, CA
I know im gonna keep the same number im just wondering if im gonna have a take 2 more years or if they are going 2 sell it for a full price to existing users of cingular....

nvenice

May 31, 2007
under a rock
Yep and now Engadget has confirmed it as well.

Ready to pony the cash? Looks like our source was right: the iPhone is yours come June 29th. The commercial just aired on 60 Minutes, and now you can finally mark your calendar and get on with your life -- for the next 25 days or so, until you get in line for your spankin' new $600 iPhone.

Sweeeeeet~!:p