Jury Duty

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
just go to jail a couple times. then you won't have to worry about getting picked for jury duty.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Just wait for your turn, and when they call your name, speak up quickly like they startled you and yell," Guilty! Oh, I'm sorry, what was the question?"
You'll be out in no time. LMAO ;)

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
congrats on being the 2nd eic member to experience the iPhone from jury duty. It made my experience a breeze. If you get stuck in the waiting room for hours like I did. Just EIC all day

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Just wait for your turn, and when they call your name, speak up quickly like they startled you and yell," Guilty! Oh, I'm sorry, what was the question?"
You'll be out in no time. LMAO ;)
or just say you own an electric chair

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Well, it's about 10:40, and I brought up some breakfast from the cafeteria. It consisted of corned beef hash (I think), a couple of sausages from some bland and unknown species of animal, a cinnamon roll and a caffeine-free Pepsi.

To be fair, the folks who work here have gone out of their way to make us comfortable, and they're extremely polite. The judge? Who knows...

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Well, it's about 10:40, and I brought up some breakfast from the cafeteria. It consisted of corned beef hash (I think), a couple of sausages from some bland and unknown species of animal, a cinnamon roll and a caffeine-free Pepsi.

To be fair, the folks who work here have gone out of their way to make us comfortable, and they're extremely polite. The judge? Who knows...
i love when people are nice when they know you're having a shitty time

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey

The judge I had was extremely nice.. I was cracking jokes about us waiting and only getting paid $5 a day... he drew lots of laughs.. they are down to earth, but when it is time to get serious regarding picking a jury, they can be tough.. It took me some time to convince them that I was not fit for the case

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I just had jury duty about a month ago, but here in Philly, you cannot take your phone (any phone) past the metal detectors. They could care less that the iPhone is also an iPod... as long as it can receive calls, it gets checked in and you pick it up once your dismissed for the day.

And the going rate here is $9 per day.

I spent my civic duty here on my MB :laugh2:

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
I just had jury duty about a month ago, but here in Philly, you cannot take your phone (any phone) past the metal detectors. They could care less that the iPhone is also an iPod... as long as it can receive calls, it gets checked in and you pick it up once your dismissed for the day.

And the going rate here is $9 per day.

I spent my civic duty here on my MB :laugh2:
I would of said fine im not going... or I would of stuck it in my underwear hoping alarm would not go off... How can they say no cell phones allowed... In this day of age it is needed what if there is an emergency and you are trying to be contacted...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
pop some alka seltzer and fake a seizure.

If that fails, make sure you're jailbroken. I forget on your status.

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
I have a guy that gets me out of duty. Works every time! Oh wait, should I post that here?