Jus a lil help from my friends.. PLEASE

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Ok im using summerboard and i don't see the summerboard themes on installer that they have for download at modmyiPhone.com. So how do I install those themes through summerboard? thnx for the help...

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Ok im using summerboard and i don't see the summerboard themes on installer that they have for download at modmyiPhone.com. So how do I install those themes through summerboard? thnx for the help...
Read this post from HighTymes.
Follow his instructions and download his .plist file.
Place this in var/root/Library/Installer.
These are Additional Installer Sources-Themes. Have fun!

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
You can either download them from the installer.app under themes or put them in manually via iBrickr, iFuntastic or SFTP (SSH).

If your going to do it manually place the theme folder in /var/root/library/summerboard/themes

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
If the theme you want is not available in the installer then it has to be installed manually.

ibrickr/ssh or use what ever you use to browse the files on your iPhone from a computer. (I use fugu on a mac)

navigate to var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes

Create a folder for the theme. Unzip the theme file from mod my iPhone and
copy everything in to this new folder.

Disconnect and restart your iPhone.
Now you should be able to go to SMBPrefs on your iPhone and select it.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
If the theme you want is not available in the installer then it has to be installed manually.

ibrickr/ssh or use what ever you use to browse the files on your iPhone from a computer. (I use fugu on a mac)

navigate to var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes

Create a folder for the theme. Unzip the theme file from mod my iPhone and
copy everything in to this new folder.

Disconnect and restart your iPhone.
Now you should be able to go to SMBPrefs on your iPhone and select it.
too slow 420Greg lol ;)

SpongebObiWan

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
Here's Aqwoah 1.5 that I love! Great contributors from ModMyiPhone guys!

Umm...alright. I'm confused as hell. I can't figure out how to put this stuff on my phone.

EDIT--Ugh..nevermind. I'm reading the above post now.

EDIT #2--OKay...I downloaded that plist file and put it in the right directory using iBrickr. After that, I was able to see more apps on Installer, including Aqwoah 1.13, I think. Then, I went to SMB prefs on my iPhone, and set it for Aqwoah 1.4 Theme (Aqwoah 1.5 didn't show up on mine there either..why?). I got the icons okay, but I don't have the battery and bluetooth meter. What did I do wrong?

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
My apologies. The Aqwoah 1.5 is a manual download mod, not yet showing up in Installer. The bluetooth meter/battery is not available, hopefully a future item for release from the folks at MMi.

SpongebObiWan

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
My apologies. The Aqwoah 1.5 is a manual download mod, not yet showing up in Installer. The bluetooth meter/battery is not available, hopefully a future item for release from the folks at MMi.
Okay Akophone. Thanks for clearing that up. So, you are saying that I could manually install that (I've already downloaded 1.5, but didn't know where to put it or how), and that it does not yet have that cool bluetooth/battery meter? Just how did you install it? I do have iBricker and know how to upload files, etc. to my iPhone.

By the way, "ako" in Tagalog (langauge of the Philippines) means "me" or "I". I'm not Filipino, but do speak a small bit of Tagalog. I was just curious if the "Ako" in your screen name is Tagalog and if you're Filipino.

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
LOL! Yes, I was born in PI but learned Tagalog here! So cool you deciphered "ako"! BTW, "Sponge" is Bob's first name.... Are you from Bikini Bottom? Anyway, I'm not familiar with iBrickr as I am a Mac user. Aqwoah 1.4 just showed up in Installer, however. Now that you have access to more sources (HighTymes, etc.) you'll have even more choices and options. Ain't it great? Long live 1.0.2! (Mabuhay 1.0.2).;)

SpongebObiWan

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
LOL! Yes, I was born in PI but learned Tagalog here! So cool you deciphered "ako"! BTW, "Sponge" is Bob's first name.... Are you from Bikini Bottom? Anyway, I'm not familiar with iBrickr as I am a Mac user. Aqwoah 1.4 just showed up in Installer, however. Now that you have access to more sources (HighTymes, etc.) you'll have even more choices and options. Ain't it great? Long live 1.0.2! (Mabuhay 1.0.2).;)
Oi! Mabuhay 1.0.2 ;) Yes, I saw that 1.4 just showed up. I want that battery/bluetooth meter SOOO bad..gusto ko yan talaga :p (my grammar sucks, I know). I hope it comes out soon.

P.S. BTW, my screen name is a combination of SpongeBob and Obi-Wan Kenobi. I had some form of the name Obi-Wan for years. My son who is now 6, began watching and loving SpongeBob SquarePants when he was less then 2 years old. So, in honor of my son, I combined the 2 names into one.

SpongebObiWan

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
woow thats kind of cool i wonder where do you get em? :)
Here's the link to the forum I learned how to install both the Aqwoah Theme, and the Battery/Bluetooth meter. The Theme can be installed via Installer (it's a Summerboard theme), but I had to install the meter manually. All the needed instructions are there, but you need to read through the entire thread. Good luck.:laugh2:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3278&highlight=Aqwoah

P.S. Also check this link for a complete view of what my iPhone theme and battery/bluetooth meter looks like:
http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?p=54290#post54290

I've posted it here at EIM in the Modification section also:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/official-iphone-screenshot-thread.5526/

Last edited by a moderator:

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Spongy boy, you did it! Good on ya mate! Yeah Aqwoah is great. I specially like that 1.5 battery. Congrats on how you got that bluetooth on too!:cool: