just a general question

Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
my dad lost his iPhone 3g. Sad I know. His question to me was that can he go back to Apple and get another one at the discounted rate? ($199.00, 299.00) or is he going to have to pay full price what ever that suppose to be. yeH he already had the service deactivated.

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
I believe that he will have to pay full price. Now if it was stolen and the was a police report with it, that may be a different story.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I believe that he will have to pay full price. Now if it was stolen and the was a police report with it, that may be a different story.
I believe you are right. Now seems like I heard if it was stolen and you had a report, Apple and/or ATT would let you have a one time purchase at the discount price assuming you got the discount to begin with. If the second phone was "stolen" you are out to luck.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Can any Apple peeps confirm this? That is great, however I can't see them doing it. It's very easy to file a police report, and only cost a few bucks to go and get it. Perhaps Justahsquirrel can let us know how it goes.

Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
Can any Apple peeps confirm this? That is great, however I can't see them doing it. It's very easy to file a police report, and only cost a few bucks to go and get it. Perhaps Justahsquirrel can let us know how it goes.
I think I will go that route. I will go to my police station and get a report and see what happens after that......if its not worth the hassle...well...might have to get another phone in the mean time....until i can set aside money for a new iPhone...damn the economy ...lol

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I think filing a report on a lost phone will get you nowhere and if you tell them it was stolen when it wasn't, well........... not good.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I am very interested to see how this one plays out. Would be great if Apple took care of them, but definitely not expected.