just bought a 16GB unlocked iPhone need help

Jul 17, 2007
baby oahu
hi, I'm back with T-Mo since I couldn't stand AT&T. bough the 16GB unlocked from someone. He has a lot of stuff on it already. Do I restore? do I keep it as it is, some apps are good. Now with TMO do I get the Tzone or one of those $20 internet plan? anything I need to know about unlocked phones? will the ringtonemaker work? Thanks

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
hi, I'm back with T-Mo since I couldn't stand AT&T. bough the 16GB unlocked from someone. He has a lot of stuff on it already. Do I restore? do I keep it as it is, some apps are good. Now with TMO do I get the Tzone or one of those $20 internet plan? anything I need to know about unlocked phones? will the ringtonemaker work? Thanks
Hi. In order to start fresh, I would restore it through iTunes, if you can. I've never dealt with using it for another carrier, but I assume iTunes will let you restore it. Once you've restored, you would need to Unlock, Jailbreak and Activate it. I'd recommend using ZiPhone by Zibri for this. Once that is finished, you've got it unlocked and jailbroken. I believe there is a app on Installer from Big Boss that will allow the T-Zones to work with the iPhone.

Hopefully someone else can fill in the missing pieces.

Take care!

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
If it works why bother changing anything? Just install the bosstools tmobile 5.99 hack.