Just bought a new iPhone, few questions.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Zachfj

Oct 10, 2007
Hello all
After lots of consideration, I finally made the path to the darkside, using a mac device.

My questions are:
I hear if you are already an ATT costumer, then you only have to pay data charges, which if I hear correctly, 20 bucks for the cheapest. Right? Any hidden fees?

Also, when traveling, you can use data without any cost if you are away from home. Right?

Also, one more question, probably answered already, is there any flash support whatso ever on the iPhone? Any way to activate flash websites?

Thanks. :)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Hello all
After lots of consideration, I finally made the path to the darkside, using a mac device.

My questions are:
I hear if you are already an ATT costumer, then you only have to pay data charges, which if I hear correctly, 20 bucks for the cheapest. Right? Any hidden fees?

Also, when traveling, you can use data without any cost if you are away from home. Right?

Also, one more question, probably answered already, is there any flash support whatso ever on the iPhone? Any way to activate flash websites?

Thanks. :)
If you already have an AT&T voice plan then you will need to add data for an additional $20 a month (that's unlimited data and 200 SMS) but it still requires that you agree to that service for a further 2 years. You can use EDGE throughout the US with no additional charges but don't do it out of the country because it will cost quite a bit of money. And to the last question, as of yet there is NO flash capabilities on the phone but maybe some day in the future with updates. We can only hope.

Zachfj

Oct 10, 2007
Thanks for the quick reply. There seems to be more and more flash out on the internet these days. Do you think the version thats out currently will have flash support some day, or is it going to be the next versions of the iPhone in the future.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Meh it's really tough to tell at this point. The iPhone updates seem to be getting more and more progressive so it is very possile that someday the current iPhone will have flash support and I would definitely assume the next iPhone version would have it for sure.

ijosheek

Aug 1, 2007
For sure when the 3G iPhone comes out, it should have Flash support. If it doesn't, then poor decision on Apple. Already, poor decision on the current, but they could care less due to the demand/popularity of the device.

I'm seriously hoping when 1.1.2 (when Leopard releases?) releases that it would support it... but I'm still thinking ahead of myself.