Just bought a PS3

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
A very big difference if you're watching on a 1080p tv. If not, then yes, you are wasting money. But BR and regular DVD's are VERY different in resolution. But you know that, you're smart.
I've got a 1080p TV but unless it's a movie with a bunch of slow shots (Planet Earth) or something where I want the visuals to be amazing (Planet Earth) then I don't see the need to waste $30 on MI3 just to see Tom Cruise's crow's feet. I'll start to buy more once the price comes down but I'm certainly not going to replace every DVD in my collection with them.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
I've got a 1080p TV but unless it's a movie with a bunch of slow shots (Planet Earth) or something where I want the visuals to be amazing (Planet Earth) then I don't see the need to waste $30 on MI3 just to see Tom Cruise's crow's feet. I'll start to buy more once the price comes down but I'm certainly not going to replace every DVD in my collection with them.
I agree somewhat,
i will not replace my old dvd's with bluray but i will never buy a regular dvd from now on its only bluray dvd's for me
p.s.(do a search on craigslist : bluray lot , a few people in my are are selling like 8 bluray dvd's for 15 dollars each
p.s.s. i abuse craigslist

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I agree somewhat,
i will not replace my old dvd's with bluray but i will never buy a regular dvd from now on its only bluray dvd's for me
p.s.(do a search on craigslist : bluray lot , a few people in my are are selling like 8 bluray dvd's for 15 dollars each
p.s.s. i abuse craigslist
Well I've actually been hitting up pawn shops (got the tip from a friend's dad) and have been getting 6 DVDs for $20. They aren't Blu Ray but at $3.33 each it's hard to say no. I'll definitely starting checking into Craigslist though. I've never bought or sold anything on there but it could be worth it.

What kind of ish do you get from there?

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
Well I've actually been hitting up pawn shops (got the tip from a friend's dad) and have been getting 6 DVDs for $20. They aren't Blu Ray but at $3.33 each it's hard to say no. I'll definitely starting checking into Craigslist though. I've never bought or sold anything on there but it could be worth it.

What kind of ish do you get from there?
There is this guy in my building that sells DVD's (copies)for 5 dollars each and if you buy a lot he will give you a discount so i am really taking a loss for switching to BluRay but the picture looks so damn good i cant help it.
I used to use ebay a lot.. but you have to wait for bidding ..then you have to wait for shipping ...ahh takes to long
like the other night i was like i want a ps3 ... did some comparison shopping on craigslist the guy came over at 1am and i bought it from him lol
Stuff i bought from Craigslist:
Baby High Chair
Baby Armoire
Baby Crib for my goddaughter
Ps3 +gta4+extra controller+spiderman3
Jewelry
Car Parts
I found a guy to put up a wall in my apartment
PSP
hmm.. im missing some other things

Things i sold on Craigslist:
iPhone
Baby Clothes
PS2
Dodge Avenger
Nextel i980
TV Stand
2 Couches
etc.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Dang I guess I've never understood the vastness of possibilities that Craigslist can offer. I had a friend sell a TV on there before but that is the extent of my knowledge.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Hey thanks for all of your help
i found out what the problem was
i went into the ps3 menu and then went to display
and it was at 480 i had to bring it up to 1080 lol
i told my wife and she was like , "yeah when we were watching spiderman3 i didn't want to tell you but the graphics just looked regular"
:p
Don't sweat it. It happens all the time. 22% of all the people that own HDTVs think they're watching HD when they really aren't. Just because their settings are in wide mode doesn't mean it's HD. :laugh2:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
If you haven't picked up an HDMI cable yet, check out Monoprice.com. I love that place and so do the guys at AVSForum.com (that's a forum for anything having to do with audio/video). The cables are great quality and they are cheap. AVS is also a great place to find the best settings for your TV. I cringe when I see out of the box settings.:mad:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
If you haven't picked up an HDMI cable yet, check out Monoprice.com. I love that place and so do the guys at AVSForum.com (that's a forum for anything having to do with audio/video). The cables are great quality and they are cheap. AVS is also a great place to find the best settings for your TV. I cringe when I see out of the box settings.:mad:
Is it odd that my Wii came with an HDMI cable? I thought well, maybe it's for the Wii, but there certainly isn't an HDMI slot so it's left me a bit confused.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
Thanks a lot i heard Monster Cables overcharge and that most HDMI cables that are a lot cheaper work exactly the same

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
But monster cables are like "Premium" HDMI cables when it comes to design and quality ;)

Their are cheaper mp3 players that can do the same and more that the iPod but wont last as long, or look as good while doing its job ;)

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
But monster cables are like "Premium" HDMI cables when it comes to design and quality ;)

Their are cheaper mp3 players that can do the same and more that the iPod but wont last as long, or look as good while doing its job ;)
False. Monster Cables are absolutely terrible, and do the EXACT same job a $10.00 cable will do.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
...But look how cool those cables look:p
Yeah but i like to keep my wires hidden, if your wires are showing in your home theater set up then what does that say about you to your guests... they will sit on your couch, watch your t.v. and think (this guy must not love himself)