Just bought an iMac with iWork and iLife...

sbpwjm

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Just bought an iMac (for Christmas) that came with iLife '08 and we bought iWork '08 as well...

From what I hear '09 versions of both have just been announced...

What are the chances for free (or possibly discounted) updates?

Thanks and regards,
Scott

Dec 26, 2008
I think in the keynote there was a lower price for an upgrade version. No idea if there would be a discount to users that have purchased 08 a few weeks ago.

sbpwjm

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
iWeb and iGarageBand are the new application additions for iLife '09, correct? meaning, iLife '08 didn't include those applications... the others are new versions of apps that were present in iLife '08..

sbpwjm

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
i chatted with an Apple rep on the Apple store...

nothing other than the $79 upgrade for situations like this.. have software that is less than a month old, installed for less than 2 weeks and still have to pay to get a new version of the software...

sbpwjm

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
truly revealing myself as an Mac newbie....

the 2 applications are already there... and i even called one by the wrong name... throwing the "i" around to much for my own good...

at least i can say that the iMac is at home so i couldn't check before posting...

curiosity does indeed kill the cat... or they wouldn't have that saying now would they... :laugh2:

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
i chatted with an Apple rep on the Apple store...

nothing other than the $79 upgrade for situations like this.. have software that is less than a month old, installed for less than 2 weeks and still have to pay to get a new version of the software...
That's why when you know Macworld is coming soon, you wait to see what they have that is new, so you can hold off a bit longer on your purchase, like I did. But I think the upgrade pricing isn't too painful, so go for it. :cool:

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com

the 2 applications are already there... and i even called one by the wrong name... throwing the "i" around to much for my own good...

at least i can say that the iMac is at home so i couldn't check before posting...

curiosity does indeed kill the cat... or they wouldn't have that saying now would they... :laugh2:
Everyone has to start somewhere don't worry about it. We at EIC will help you become a Mac Pro. Welcome to the EIC community. Mark

sbpwjm

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
thanks Swagger...

enjoyed the anti-malware thread... it made me re-visit the tossing/turning i had when i purchased the iMac and was like.... uhhh... where is the anti-malware software...

still thinking about it and watching the other thread with interest...

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com

Everyone has to start somewhere don't worry about it. We at EIC will help you become a Mac Pro. Welcome to the EIC community. Mark

BTW: Get your wallet ready. Once you take a bite of the Apple. There is no turning back.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
thanks Swagger...

enjoyed the anti-malware thread... it made me re-visit the tossing/turning i had when i purchased the iMac and was like.... uhhh... where is the anti-malware software...

still thinking about it and watching the other thread with interest...
iAntivirus has a free version you can download at cnet.com. Why be unprotected when you can protect yourself for free? Mark

ClamX AV is also free.