Just bought an iPad Air 2 and love it

Discussion in 'iPad Air 2' started by Pjaa, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Pjaa

Pjaa New Member

I made up my mind on what iPad 2 air I wanted and found it in stock at SAMs club ! I drove an hour to SAMs club and I asked a sales associate where I can find the newest iPad Air 2 and he said let me check with the manager! He called on the radio and the manager said yes we have them but we are saving them for next Friday!(Black Friday) Would not sell one to me so off to best buy I went and that's where they made a sale cause they had them in stock and willing to sell one ! Love it love it !

2. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

Me too! I've been making due with an original iPad (iOS 5.1.4) and finding it cannot handle a lot of modern webpages. Too many crashes on pages with heavy graphics. So yesterday I trotted myself to the Apple Store and grabbed me an iPad Air 2. Thrilled!!

3. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

CONGRATS! I finally got my iPad Air 2 on Friday, March 13th!! Love it so far!

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

On Friday the 13th? Uh oh!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

5. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

ROFLMAO!! That's the day I took my iMac in to my local Apple Store in the mall to finally have it fixed. It's been down since Christmas. I've adapted but it's horrible not having my computer and no iPad!!! WHAT!! SO while I was in there I told my hubby I'm buying an iPad Air 2 right now. He asked, "What capacity?" I told him and his eyes got big and said, "Okay."
    GR8 Friday the 13th I walked out with a new Space Gray, 128 iPad Air 2 and a Brown Leather Smart Case. I couldn't be happier! This thing is amazing.

Picked up my repaired iMac last night. Set it up with the Airport Time Capsule, which is still backing up right now and soon we'll be back in business.

It's rough being without a computer at home for months. You begin to feel like it's the dark ages or something.

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Not to worry. The next day was Pi Day, which is based in hard mathematics and science as opposed to that silly superstition surrounding the number thirteen. :D

7. MotivatedMommy

MotivatedMommy New Member

I got one as a gift recently and finally just got a shield on and a apple smart case. Wouldn't really use it until that got on it because I didn't won't to scratch it. Iove it. Was on it most of last night. It is a nice gem :)

8. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

Always use BestBuy as i can trust them. Used to be a Sams member but never liked how they deal with people.
    I am waiting to see what is going to be in the next iPad3 if it's a 3.

9. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

I am DONE with Best Buy for the foreseeable future. I went in today to buy a Lenovo Yoga 900 (for Linux) and was accosted by a roving rep from Solar City. Freakin' pain in the butt, and when I politely tried to disengage by saying I wasn't interested at this time he launched into his scripted speech about all the benefits. I tried to simply walk away (from the product I was going to buy) and he followed me. Wanted my address to look up my house on a satellite view of Google Maps. I declined, and he pushed on. I finally walked out of the store. The manager was out on dinner break, but I'll speak to him next time I'm back there. So now Amazon will get my electronics business.

10. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

Just because this one stupid bothering Rep. your done with BestBuy? at some point i feel getting a little more forceful in telling him to shove off might have got his attention.
    Anyway it's always been the same at BestBuy at Christmas,have company Rep.s on the floors of my store.
    As for Amazon there great also i have bought from them many times with no problems.

11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

A lot of people consider Best Buy as the Amazon showroom.

12. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

That could be very true. They kinda peeved me some when they told me, my Samsung tablet was 2 weeks out of warranty, and i should have bought BestBuys insurance.
    It was a failed charger and over charged the tablets battery,causing the case to split, Samsung at first gave me the same song about the warranty.
    I thought about it a week even called Amazon asked if i had bought the tablet from them what was their policy,they said they would replace it no questions asked and then said send your tablet to us and we will also replace it as Samsung will take it back no questions asked.
    Then again called called Samsung said i was going to call the US Safety Dept. in regards to the Lithium battery that could have caught fire.
    Samsung support lady said hold on while i speak to a supervisor,came back said we will be happy to have your tablet repaired and get you a new charger. Tablet was repaired in three days from time they received it at service company, Can't tell it from a brand new tablet.
    Later i called BestBuy talked to their BestBuy Cares Dept. told them they should have helped me a lot more,as the battery was a danger.
    BestBuy agreed said yes we let you down,and we will send you a $100 giftcard.

So yes BestBuy knows people look at items there and some then buy at Amazon. So BestBuy needs to address their customers problems better if they want to stay around. Look at Comp-USA and Circut City now GONE GONE.

13. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

It's hard for brick-and-mortar stores to compete with online retailers. I always thought Comp-USA was overpriced. I have a couple of Microcenters in my area that are great to just visit, since you can buy anything computer-related there, usually at a decent price.

14. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

Only thing that i found good about Comp-USA is they carried many brands that BestBuy did not carry,never really carried for Circut City, but both of them did keep BestBuy more in some type of pricing line.
    There all gone today even some of the smaller retailers are gone.
    I do have some good friends working at BestBuy,so i really try to buy from them, i may pay a little more but their return and exchange policies are very good.
    But I read where BestBuy is not planing opening any new stores in 2016,and that tells me things are not good.
    Thing with Amazon and many others online,they use a computer shopping computer software program,and when many are buying an item they have on sale,the price can be changed quickly. You see a price and the next time you go to their web page the price has changed.
    I get a price say on the computer and put item in a the cart,but don't buy yet just keep it in the computer, and use another computer of tablet to check around. Then using a tablet check again on the price i have on the computer. I have had pricing go up $20% on another device, go back to computer with item at the price i found and place a buy.
    The computer knows i locked in the price and it runs at that early pricing. This may not work if one wait say hours or the next day.

But they all have this software to help them make better money at a higher price or cut the price if someone else is getting the sales.
    It's a game they play and it works well for someone like Amazon.
    Not much price cutting on Apple items,so it's not a deal maker. Apple controls their products and their prices.

15. DomePatrol

DomePatrol New Member

I'm looking into getting an Air 2 also. My oldest son has an iPad 2 that he uses for high school and we have an Air that we "share" with my youngest. He's getting older now and my wife and I are thinking about getting an Air 2 for us. I've read that there could possibly be a new iPad in the Spring. Is that true? If so, we might want to wait and get that. I've also looked into the Pro, but not sure of that because of the size.

16. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

If you do't mind the large size of the Apple iPad Pro,then it's a great iPad myself it is just to big for my needs.
    As for a new iPad Air3 arriving soon my feeling are no,but many things do happen so it's just a feeling on my part.
    Many really like their iPad Air2s and prices are good today.

17. DomePatrol

DomePatrol New Member

Thanks for the reply. I am OK with the Pro. Just have to convince the wife. We will probably do a little more research this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

Hey, I looked at the Pro, too, but it is too big for me. I think it might be too big for her to use comfortably. I am considering moving up the Air 2 and giving my Air to the big girl to replace her original iPad Mini.