Just bought my iPhone!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Disasterpiece

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
Danville, California
Just got my 4GB iPhone of Apple.com for $299! Happy i waited till now! It will be at my house between sept 7-12, now i just have to wait.... One question, i already have Cingular/AT&T, do have to go there to activate or just do it off iTunes? Thnks!:)

JKD

Bronze
Aug 16, 2007
Congrats...great product, fantastic price.

Make sure you have latest version of iTunes installed and activation process will start as soon as you plug the phone in.

You can activate via iTunes but it will depend what you want to do:

1. Replace existing phone # - I believe this is easy, you just tell iTunes you are an existing customer and I think replacing a phone is one of the options.
2. Add a new line to current account - this may or may not work
3. Set up a completely new account - this is easy too..standard process, say you are a new customer.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
Just got my 4GB iPhone of Apple.com for $299! Happy i waited till now! It will be at my house between sept 7-12, now i just have to wait.... One question, i already have Cingular/AT&T, do have to go there to activate or just do it off iTunes? Thnks!:)

You'll probably have to wait a few days for a response to this thread when all the angry people cool off.

Got to remember most users here bought at a much higher price than you.

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
Yupp, Activate through iTunes, Just don't mention how much you bought your iPhone around here.. Alotta the peeps around here arent very happy with the price change at the moment.

Let us know if you have any problems or questions!

Lob

Bronze
Jan 22, 2007
Glastonbury, CT

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
i paid full retail price and i could give a crap . i wanted it early so i paid for it . maybe ill get a 4 gig just for fun.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
i paid full retail price and i could give a crap . i wanted it early so i paid for it . maybe ill get a 4 gig just for fun.
You shouldn't just roll over!

I'm thinking about taking a full page ad in the AJC (Atlanta Journal Constitution)

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
Once you activate the iPhone through iTunes your Old phone will be dead ( cant call anyone other than 911 ). You will have your old number on the iPhone when your done. Anyone calling you will not be able to tell a difference what so ever, far as they can tell, your still using your old phone.

Have fun Disasterpiece :laugh2:

elbodude

Jun 29, 2007
Just swap your SIM card from your current phone to the iPhone. Then you will not need to sign up for 2 years.

brittt1

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
I love it!

2 Question's....How do I change the city in Weather and how exactly does the map feature work?
Congrats...
click in the little 'i' in the bottom right corner you can then add multiple weather cities...you scroll through them left and right,, very cool.. As for the maps feature there is a guide on Apple.com but its more useful than people think and if you search in these forums you'll find lots of tips.

gijohn

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
I got my iPhone on August 10 ... and love it. This afternoon I helped a husband and wife friend activate and set up their 2 new iPhones. I was like a little kid at Christmas (and so are they)

The Maps Application is VERY powerful. Used it a little on my Treo 700p - but this version is FAR superior. I set up every major city in Florida as bookmarks. Great to search for restaurants, businessses, retail stores, etc etc. To have all the phone numbers, address, web site, etc in the palm of your hand ... pretty darn impressive. Like having the US Yellow Pages at your disposal.