Just bout a OTB iPhone. How do i go about getting past activation?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 19, 2007
Hi, I would like to get past the activation screen on the iPhone. How do I go about doing this? It is most likely a 1.1.2 iPhone since i bought it 2 weeks ago. Thank you in advance...

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Hi, I would like to get past the activation screen on the iPhone. How do I go about doing this? It is most likely a 1.1.2 iPhone since i bought it 2 weeks ago. Thank you in advance...
I could be wrong, but I don't think there is a way to by-pass activation. I believe that its just a paper weight until you get it activated.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
you'll need to follow the tutorial for jailbreaking an OTB 1.1.2

Its fairly simple, will take you about 30 mind. The preferred method is always the official method of course.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
you'll need to follow the tutorial for jailbreaking an OTB 1.1.2

Its fairly simple, will take you about 30 mind. The preferred method is always the official method of course.
The OP didn't mention anything about wanting to jailbreak. I just thought he wanted to somehow use the other features of the phone minus the phone.

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
Guys without jailbreaking I don't think theres another method to activate the iPhone unless you go through iTunes which =AT&T activation of course

nirav464

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
can someone please anwser this person's post because i as well want to wait for an unlock for the 1.1.2 and don't want to activate

nirav464

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
If you want to get past the activation screen without signing with AT&T, you MUST jailbreak. Go here http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/this-is-how-to-jailbreak-a-1-1-2-otb-iphone.16428/

I don't see how anyone thinks they could get past the AT&T activation screen without hacking anyway, you are doing something not endorsed by Apple so you must hack. That's the only way.
I'm sorry to say but you completely fail. I have read that entire thread and you can only use that if you have ALREADY have activated through iTunes.

If you want to get past the activation you have to go HERE: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18284

SO NEXT TIME don't POST FALSE INFORMATION! :)

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I'm sorry to say but you completely fail. I have read that entire thread and you can only use that if you have ALREADY have activated through iTunes.

If you want to get past the activation you have to go HERE: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18284

SO NEXT TIME don't POST FALSE INFORMATION! :)
Are you kidding me? I've jailbroken over 30 iPhones with that process, none of them previously activated with AT&T. And the link you gave looks like it says to do the exact same thing. Download 1.1.1 firmware file, hold home+sleep for 10 seconds in iTunes, hold shift and hit restore, find the 1.1.1 file, restore to 1.1.1, do the *#307# trick to go to jailbreakme.com, download Oktoprep from Installer, upgrade to 1.1.2, use the dev team's 1.1.2 jailbreak program, and you're done. What is so different about your link?

TjLaZer

Dec 31, 2007
Yes I also saw that thread and it did say you have to have an activated phone first. So how do you even get into it to downgrade to 1.1 if it is not activated?

Viper

Bronze
Dec 31, 2007
Just found this post. Getting past activation is exactly what I am after since I don't want to use the phone part. If someone gets it to work....please post how. Thanks!