Just called my local Apple store

Disasterpiece

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
Danville, California
So just got off the phone with my local Apple store. I called to see what time tyhey were allowing people to start waiting out front. They said, that they think people will start tonight?!?! Tonight being wedsday night? Then he said get here when you want, there is no rule but if i want to be up front get there no later then early tomorrow morning. Thats crazy! I didn't think id have to get there till around 1am fri morning. My plans changed, im going to out and check it out tomorrow morning, if there really is a line ill start waiting then.
And its not like the city my Apple store in huge like NY or anything, just a average town. crazy!:sick:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
They'll probably have off duty police officers there by Thursday night after closing. That's what they did last year. Have fun out there.:D

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
So just got off the phone with my local Apple store. I called to see what time tyhey were allowing people to start waiting out front. They said, that they think people will start tonight?!?! Tonight being wedsday night? Then he said get here when you want, there is no rule but if i want to be up front get there no later then early tomorrow morning. Thats crazy! I didn't think id have to get there till around 1am fri morning. My plans changed, im going to out and check it out tomorrow morning, if there really is a line ill start waiting then.
And its not like the city my Apple store in huge like NY or anything, just a average town. crazy!:sick:
doesn't surprise me, there is probably already a line there

rlp2011

Bronze
May 30, 2007
They'll probably have off duty police officers there by Thursday night after closing. That's what they did last year. Have fun out there.:D
There is one security guy out now ! in the ATT store where Im going
I think I will be a line starting tomorrow
:mad:

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
Hm. That is pretty surprising to me. I bet I'll be able to find an AT&T store within 5 miles of my apartment that won't have a line at midnight tomorrow night.

wendycharles

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
:eek:I'm afraid of the same thing.....I'm going Friday morning

Iphonehead

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
man waiting in line is a killer for me....I don't know how some of you have that kind of patience to stay in a line for hours on end just to get a cellphone.....I'm planning on going at around 10-12 and hopefully theres still more iPhones available...

iphone1027

Bronze
Jul 2, 2008
There is one security guy out now ! in the ATT store where Im going
I think I will be a line starting tomorrow
:mad:
I just passed by a local AT&T store and there is a state trooper in the parking lot. But no line. Interesting...

I am a police officer and have a friend who is working a detail at an AT&T store right now. He said his main job is to make sure no one breaks in and steals any iPhones. He was told not to expect lines around here til tomorrow night.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
man waiting in line is a killer for me....I don't know how some of you have that kind of patience to stay in a line for hours on end just to get a cellphone.....I'm planning on going at around 10-12 and hopefully theres still more iPhones available...
I'm sure that Apple stores will have plenty of stock this weekend.

hellspawn2

Bronze
Feb 4, 2008
C-bus
I'm sure that Apple stores will have plenty of stock this weekend.
Im sure Apple will have a lot but the AT&T stores maybe a different story. I was getting my credit checked last night and the guy there said they have about 50 there. If they run out then the next batch will take 4 to 5 days to get in.

Jul 6, 2008
I can't believe there is going to be line ups everywhere. I know a place that's a low traffic store by my office I'm just going to pass by on my way in Friday am. If there is a line up I'll keep driving if not I'll stop and wait but there is no way I'm waiting for more than an hour before the store opens.

bls8195

Bronze
Apr 23, 2008
Texas City, TX
Yeah I hear you guys. I am not the kind of person that can stand out there and wait, I would like the phone but don't need it. Esp seeing how I already have a iPhone. Just thought I would upgrade if the lines were small.

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
People, if Apple didn't run out of units for the initial launch a year ago, they aint running out tomorrow. Especially when you consider only one per customer.

bls8195

Bronze
Apr 23, 2008
Texas City, TX
I think it would be dumb on there part, for sales if they did not have enough, especially with the launch of last time, they know there will be a demand, so.

bls8195

Bronze
Apr 23, 2008
Texas City, TX
I jsut called the Apple Store near me in the mall, and they said they have no plans to open before 10am

iphone1027

Bronze
Jul 2, 2008
Good thing for me the AT&T stores are not located inside malls.

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
No line at ATT in Rochester, MN yet. There is a huge storm coming in with hail and such. Maybe that will keep the crazies away till tomorrow morning.

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
I jsut called the Apple Store near me in the mall, and they said they have no plans to open before 10am
I find that hard to believe since it is announced on the Apple website that all stores will open at 8AM. Maybe it was an ATT representative in disguise. We all know how accurate they are.