• PC w/ Windows

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Open Source like Linux/Ubuntu

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
Just curious? Mac or PC? I know that the iPhone is an Apple product, but I'm a PC guy and seem to use Apple products on the go (iPhone, iPod, Newton). What is everyone else using?

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Dell Desktop, Toshiba M65 laptop, and an Apple iPhone.

I want a mac so badly....

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
i'm celebrating my one year anniversary with my macbook and couldnt be happier. im constantly between two homes and have a sony vaio where i stay less frequently. i hate getting on it now.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I've had nothing but Windows machines since birth but both of my laptops recently stopped working so I had to get another laptop. I got a MacBook Air and I absolutely love it. I won't be purchasing another Windows PC again.

H

Hayesimus

I'm jonesin for a Mac. believe me.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Colin,

Can you add another category (both platforms). That describes me to a tee. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. One I like to use at home; the other, I use at work.

My preference is to the Mac, but I don't want to bias the poll by saying I use a Mac or PC when the reality is I use both.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I use all three but mostly PC.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
There is no option for people with both platforms :/

2 PCs
1 built by me for gaming
1 Samsung Q1 UMPC for travel

3 Macs
1 broken G4
1 outdated iMac Bondi Blue
1 24" iMac aluminum

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
Can you edit a poll?

H

Hayesimus

i know a super moderator or administrator can. Kabeyrun did it before. actually it was on this very topic. As this poll has been asked several times before. :p

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
there is also no option for people that have a Mac with OSX, Windows, AND Linux.

H

Hayesimus

yeah the poll could be made a multiple choice. then you could check all three. :p

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Multiple guess - with the added excitement of being limited to only that platform.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
2 desktop (Dell's with XP)
1 HP tablet PC (with XP)

i want a mac but i know i would instantly load windows onto it. i just feel more comfortable with it and can always solve and problems i come across.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
2 desktop (Dell's with XP)
1 HP tablet PC (with XP)

i want a mac but i know i would instantly load windows onto it. i just feel more comfortable with it and can always solve and problems i come across.
You never know...

I've installed Windows XP in a Paralels virtual machine. To be honest, I use my virtual machine a lot less than I thought I would when I made the switch last July. To maximize application efficiency, some applications are better run in native mode (handbrake). I've run Windows Media Encoder which is an extreme CPU hog in virtual machine mode. Took little longer, but still worked.

As Mikey from the Life cereal commercials would say, Try it, you'll like it. :)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Just curious? Mac or PC? I know that the iPhone is an Apple product, but I'm a PC guy and seem to use Apple products on the go (iPhone, iPod, Newton). What is everyone else using?
HP Desktop and Gateway Laptop both w/ vista home premium. Wouldn't mind a MacBookPro, but I can't see three times the price of my 17" laptop that never gives me a problem.

LAPTOP GAMER

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
I have a PC for now but plan to go Apple in the future.