Just Curious...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Michael4989

Bronze
Aug 11, 2007
Is it possible to get the iPhone without a contract and just use it for an iPod? I don't turn 19 till April. So I cant sign a contract. don't have anyone to co-sign. And I'm dying to own it!

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
It has to be activated before it will do anything (except call 911).

You could try a pre-paid account. No contract required. It seems to work well for some folks.

Michael4989

Bronze
Aug 11, 2007
It has to be activated before it will do anything (except call 911).

You could try a pre-paid account. No contract required. It seems to work well for some folks.
I called at&T yesterday and asked and they said they don't have prepaid for iPhones. Because the same thing happened when I bought my current phone (sidekick 3) and I just got it on prepaid until I can get a contract.

Norwest

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
I called at&T yesterday and asked and they said they don't have prepaid for iPhones. Because the same thing happened when I bought my current phone (sidekick 3) and I just got it on prepaid until I can get a contract.
They have pre-paid. Just do a search of all the people who have pre-paid and the alerts are driving them nuts.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Whoever you spoke too was wrong.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
They have pre-paid. Just do a search of all the people who have pre-paid and the alerts are driving them nuts.
No doubt, they would drive me nuts too but many of these people CHOSE to go pre-paid (for whatever reason). This young man seems to have no other choice until he grows up :)