just did iPhone network test and mine is running at 1764.5kbps, normal?

TomTomTuning

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Camp Hill, PA
i did that thing on google.com/m and just did the iPhonenetworktest.com and it came up as 1764.5 and under says not an iPhone... normal?
Where you on Wifi or Edge?

I got like 1513kbps on edge after changing the setting on google.com/m
and like 2045kbps after the change.

before i changed the setting on google.com/m i got like 128kbps on edge.

But honestly i only think thats on sites that are for design for mobile phones (non HTML) because there is an option on the bottom of the network test to view the site in html and when i clicked on it i got my slow speed again.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Where you on Wifi or Edge?

I got like 1513kbps on edge after changing the setting on google.com/m
and like 2045kbps after the change.

before i changed the setting on google.com/m i got like 128kbps on edge.

But honestly i only think thats on sites that are for design for mobile phones (non HTML) because there is an option on the bottom of the network test to view the site in html and when i clicked on it i got my slow speed again.
Google mobile DOES NOT increase your EDGE speed. It DOES make some pages appear faster, as they are stripped down to a mobile phone view (which is less to download). This speed you get whilst testing the speed of Google Mobile is simply the speed Google's proxy SERVER is retrieving the website to then download to your phone.

Think about it and it makes more sense, how can a WEBSITE make your installed hardware get better signal/increase to 3G speeds? It's no big deal but I just wanted to try to clear things up.