just dinged my iPhone =[

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Pharaoh

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
i just dinged my back today. i almost dropped it and caught it and pulled it into my body into my belt, so theres a small ding on the back and i don't like that =[

i was looking at this site:
http://cnn.cn/shop/apple-iphone-silver-metal-back-cover-p-1765.html

if i order a replacement BACK (the silver one) with the Apple logo and everything normal

1) is it hard to put on?
2) if i buy it will Apple do it for me
3) if i send my phone in to Apple will they replace it (the back) for me if i pay for everything
4) any of these possible while keeping the warranty?

thanks

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
i just dinged my back today. i almost dropped it and caught it and pulled it into my body into my belt, so theres a small ding on the back and i don't like that =[

if i order a replacement BACK (the silver one) with the Apple logo and everything normal

1) is it hard to put on?
3) if i send my phone in to Apple will they replace it (the back) for me if i pay for everything

thanks
Man, sorry to hear about that, I'd be FREAKIN'!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pharaoh

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
yeah i guess...

what if i order the new one and replace it, then if need to take it in for warranty put the old one back... i really don't expect needing the warranty

and the ding isn't THAT BAD...im sure no one will even notice its just i like to have my things in TIP TOP SHAPE you know, just a little discouraging so the extra 50 is worth it

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
yeah i guess...

what if i order the new one and replace it, then if need to take it in for warranty put the old one back... i really don't expect needing the warranty

and the ding isn't THAT BAD...im sure no one will even notice its just i like to have my things in TIP TOP SHAPE you know, just a little discouraging so the extra 50 is worth it
Time to buy a case...;)

I've never understood why someone would not want to protect this thing with a case, not that it would prevent it from breaking period but would lessen the chance...I'm clumsy though, so I really need it, especially with how slippery the phone is

I will buy a case even before I buy the phone itself, always prepared!;)

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
yeah i guess...

throw a thin case on it and you'll likely forget about it in a few days.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines

1) is it hard to put on?

thanks
Call Apple and ask them. The missing serial number is a BIG problem. Get'm on the horn and maybe they'll fix it (for a price). Can't go wrong that way...

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
throw a thin case on it and you'll likely forget about it in a few days.
I agree. Since it's on the back, once you put it in a case, no one will ever know the difference. Go with the Agent 18; it's thin and dockable.

As stated, you'll probably forget about it in a few days, but have a major %^*7FIT if you ever remove it from the case; completely having forgot that you dinged it in the first place and ready to kill someone else cause you'll think "they" did it.... LOL :laugh2:

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I have a case for mine and have since the day I bought it. However about three weeks after I had it I turned it over and noticed a small ding in mine as well. I almost had a heart attack. No one will ever notice it because you have to look really hard, but it's still there and I cried all night long about it :( So I feel your pain.

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
I agree. Since it's on the back, once you put it in a case, no one will ever know the difference. Go with the Agent 18; it's thin and dockable.
Make sure you note that the Agent 18 case is dockable in a UNIVERSAL dock and not in the dock that comes with the iPhone.

No case, that I have found, will allow you to dock the phone in the dock that comes with the phone.

Rumpelgeist

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Make sure you note that the Agent 18 case is dockable in a UNIVERSAL dock and not in the dock that comes with the iPhone.

No case, that I have found, will allow you to dock the phone in the dock that comes with the phone.

Rumpelgeist
The leather flip over case from Sena Cases will allow you to dock on the standard dock but I do not recommend buying it. I bought one when I first got my phone and stepped out of my car and heard a thump. My phone was sitting on the ground where it had slid right out of the case on my belt. I complained to the design team by email and got a "thank you for the information about our cases being too loose" reply and never heard anything further. I went with a different plastic case with a holster and although it doesn't dock (have to use just the cord with plug to connect) it doesn't fall off my belt whenever it feels like it.