Just Dropped my iPhone 4S!

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
I do believe it. I've had several good experiences with Apple Store employees being very generous over and beyond what they had to do. .

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Ice, that's awesome! :)

Rugaby, yeah, I'll be interested to see if anyone else can swing a free one. I heard they stopped doing it in October, but I guess it's still possible to get a really nice genius.

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
I doubt it, but it's worth a shot. Give Element a call. Did the case actually crack?

I have the exact same case and dropped mine from pocket-level onto asphalt last month, and although it scuffed the corner of the case a little, there was no damage to the phone. It's luck of the draw. You could drop a naked iPhone several times before it actually cracks. It all depends on how it hits. Mine hit on the side rather than face down, apparently.
The case didn't crack but it go scuffed up pretty good. With my OCD it would drive me nuts though. I will email them and see what they say. Mine fell face down and scuffed up the edges.

Agree with everyone and I will definitely be paying this forward.

M

msAdele

The case didn't crack but it go scuffed up pretty good. With my OCD it would drive me nuts though. I will email them and see what they say. Mine fell face down and scuffed up the edges.

Agree with everyone and I will definitely be paying this forward.
That's sad. How are things going now? What did you decide to do?

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Okay update guys and you won't believe this.

I walk into the Apple Store and the Genius tells me it will be $199.99 to fix. I asked if he would be able to tell me if anything was wrong inside and he said that he would just reace the phone. I said cool that works. Well he went to the back to do the paperwork for the new phone. He comes back and says and I quote, " I want to level with you man. Today is my last day working for Apple and I want to do something good for somebody. Put your credit card away."

I was dumbfounded. I told him I wish I had some cash on me to slide him and he said don't worry about it, just enjoy the phone.
So I got a brand new iPhone 4S for free. Truly amazing. I thanked that guy like 100 times I think, lol. Once I get back home I will post pics of my new iPhone 4S.
Actually had a similar experience with mrs snowtrooper's 4S on black Friday.
After our 6 year old dropped the phone getting out of the car, her screen was spider webbed. We had not purchased Apple care + yet. I went to a few stores trying to get the Genius hookup, but as Mindi said, they have really cracked down on freebies since offering Apple care + in October.
Finally relented and was able to purchase care + for both our 4S's retroactively.
Went in on black Friday to have hers replaced and pay the 49 dollar deductible.
Genius tried a few times, went into the back, came out and said "this one's on us, the system seems to be down due to all the holiday shopping activity".
We were equally surprised.
Good to see it still happen on occasion....

Afkamp

Bronze
Aug 31, 2010
Does anyone know how much Apple charges to fix a first gen iPad screen?

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
I have read about aftermarket places doing screen replacements. Might be worth checking into.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iCafe app

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
Is that a bumper? I hope you don't drop it again. Glad it went well @ Apple.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
Yeah that's a bumper for now until I can get a new case. I am going to baby it until then, lol.

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
Have noticed that my battery life is way better in this new iPhone 4S. I think I can actually make it through an entire work day now.

M

msAdele

Thank You MsAdele! I surely will. Very happy with my replacement.

You're welcome. I am glad that they made a replacement.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
ummmm, I don't really classify that as a "case". Just saying......
It's a minimalistic case similar to Apple's bumper case. The fact that it's not highly protective doesn't disqualify it from being a case. ;)