Just eBayed my unlocked 3G for $400!

Sirius389

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
New Jersey
Nice! I am going to put mine on eBay but I am having difficulties linking my Paypal account together, it won't work, I called eBay and they don't know why it won't work either, so hopefully I can get it fixed tomorrow, pretty upsetting

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Nice auction wish I was able to get mine up there like that. I also have it unlocked and jailbroken just don't have a verified paypal account...

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
My auction is ending in 6 hours and Im at 200 bucks! Come on 5 hours from now!

I hope I get 4 bills for this sucker, that would make for a very nice 4th!

Congrats to you though OP.

Sirius389

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
New Jersey
Finally fixed the issue with my eBay account not linking to my PayPal account, my 16GB 3G and 8GB v1 have been on eBay for about 3 hours now, hopefully I can get close to what you did OP

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
My auction is ending in 6 hours and Im at 200 bucks! Come on 5 hours from now!

I hope I get 4 bills for this sucker, that would make for a very nice 4th!

Congrats to you though OP.
I bet you get at least $350. Mine went up at the last minute, and I'm sure yours did too.

What'd you end up getting?

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
I bet you get at least $350. Mine went up at the last minute, and I'm sure yours did too.

What'd you end up getting?
Sold for 335. To tell you the truth, I wanted 300 so Im happy with this. I wouldn't have minded 350 or 400, but this paid for my 3Gs so I cant complain.

I feel like I won something tonight!

Now Im just wondering, does someone who purchases an unlocked phone know how to properly activate it. Or am I going to be Apple support for them?

clouse123

Jun 28, 2009
Sold for 335. To tell you the truth, I wanted 300 so Im happy with this. I wouldn't have minded 350 or 400, but this paid for my 3Gs so I cant complain.

Now Im just wondering, does someone who purchases an unlocked phone know how to properly activate it. Or am I going to be Apple support for them?
Most likely you will be Apple Support. I purchased one from Ebay and the seller was very gracious in walking me through the unlock/activation process. I was somewhat bitter when I got it and it didn't work as advertised, but I'm happy now because the seller took the time to make sure I got it to work. The whole time offering a refund if I wasn't satisfied.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio

Hey, congrats! I told you you'd make some money!

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Most likely you will be Apple Support. I purchased one from Ebay and the seller was very gracious in walking me through the unlock/activation process. I was somewhat bitter when I got it and it didn't work as advertised, but I'm happy now because the seller took the time to make sure I got it to work. The whole time offering a refund if I wasn't satisfied.
See, thats what Im worried about. I don't really know how to use this once its unlocked. I know how to unlock but thats as far as I can take it. Were would be a good resource for me to find info in case this guy needs assistance?
Hell, clouse123, what did you have to do to get yours working? What provider are you with?

Hey, congrats! I told you you'd make some money!
Yeah thanks Honda. It was fun watching that in the last 30 minutes of the auction. My wife and I were rooting for it like we were watching the World Series or something!

EDIT: I have another question too... Once I mark the item as shipped on Paypal, does the buyer receive a confirmation email? Only reason I ask is because Ive sent him a couple of emails direct and he hasn't responded. So Im thinking I might be landing in his spam box. I just want to make sure he gets all the tracking info and crap like that.

clouse123

Jun 28, 2009
See, thats what Im worried about. I don't really know how to use this once its unlocked. I know how to unlock but thats as far as I can take it. Were would be a good resource for me to find info in case this guy needs assistance?
Hell, clouse123, what did you have to do to get yours working? What provider are you with?

Yeah thanks Honda. It was fun watching that in the last 30 minutes of the auction. My wife and I were rooting for it like we were watching the World Series or something!

I'm with TMobile. He advertised the phone as unlocked but when I got it, my Tmobile sim did not work. That's where the adventure began. Ended up re-unlocking with ultrasnow. This forum helped a lot.

EDIT: I have another question too... Once I mark the item as shipped on Paypal, does the buyer receive a confirmation email? Only reason I ask is because Ive sent him a couple of emails direct and he hasn't responded. So Im thinking I might be landing in his spam box. I just want to make sure he gets all the tracking info and crap like that.
I'm with TMobile. He advertised the phone as unlocked but when I got it, my Tmobile sim did not work. That's where the adventure began. Ended up re-unlocking with ultrasnow. This forum helped a lot.

Sirius389

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
New Jersey
Sold my 8GB v1 for $285! I couldn't believe it. They already paid and I went to the UPS store to ship it off. The guy who bought it is serving in the US Armed Forces, and he said he was giving the phone to his GF who is also serving over seas when he proposes to her in the next couple weeks. I thought it was really sweet.

my 16GB 3G sold at $350, I am waiting for the buyer to pay, I was checking his feedback and he had 2 other transactions today for 2 other iPhones, those are his only transactions, I am beginning to get a little worried since I haven't heard from this person and I have sent a couple messages, where as the soldier sent his phone number to call and confirm tracking and paid minutes after the auction ended.

*crosses fingers* I told this person that I could ship it today because the UPS store is open til 7PM

iMerlin: I was doing the same thing in the last half hour for my auctions, my mom and I were cheering like it was the superbowl, lol

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV

If you used Paypal shipping then Paypal will send a confirmation email with the tracking info for whatever shipping company you used.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Sold my 8GB v1 for $285! I couldn't believe it. They already paid and I went to the UPS store to ship it off. The guy who bought it is serving in the US Armed Forces, and he said he was giving the phone to his GF who is also serving over seas when he proposes to her in the next couple weeks. I thought it was really sweet.

my 16GB 3G sold at $350, I am waiting for the buyer to pay, I was checking his feedback and he had 2 other transactions today for 2 other iPhones, those are his only transactions, I am beginning to get a little worried since I haven't heard from this person and I have sent a couple messages, where as the soldier sent his phone number to call and confirm tracking and paid minutes after the auction ended.

*crosses fingers* I told this person that I could ship it today because the UPS store is open til 7PM

iMerlin: I was doing the same thing in the last half hour for my auctions, my mom and I were cheering like it was the superbowl, lol

I know what you mean Sirius. My buyer finally replied today so that was a huge weight off my shoulders. I shipped it off and sent him the tracking info in an email. So he was very pleased. Im just worried now because he said he was with Tmo and clouse said he (or she) had an issue. I just unlock the phone yo, I don't know what to do after that! :laugh2:

But hopefully your guy gets back to you and all is well.

But yeah, its funny you mentioned cheering like it was the Super Bowl. After the auction ended we both sat here waiting for it to say paid. It did within a few minutes. My wife got up and I was like.. "where you going..." She replies "to go look for more crap to sell on ebay!" What a woman!

If you used Paypal shipping then Paypal will send a confirmation email with the tracking info for whatever shipping company you used.

Yeah, I just realized that today. I didn't use paypal but when I logged in to update the status it asked me for all the tracking info, so Im assuming paypal sent an email. But just to be sure I sent him one too.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
My wife got up and I was like.. "where you going..." She replies "to go look for more crap to sell on ebay!"
I made $2500 in three months selling my old crap on eBay. I guess one man's trash really is another man's treasure ;)

nbviper

Bronze
Jan 20, 2009
MA
I love ebay... sold my "locked" 3G 16gb for $350. :) I listed it for $350 or Best Offer and some one bit for the full amount. Loving it!

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I don't get it. I sold my White 16GB iPhone 3G Unlocked on eBay for $375.

link

Just today I sold my fiance's Black 8GB iPhone 3G Unlocked on eBay for $379.

link

FML

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It's all about timing I guess.