just found a new feature on iPod function

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
at least this is for me...while looking at the current song's album art you can slide you finger from left to right(like to delete email or txt chats) on the album art to go to the album list/playlist screen. Not like the 'back' of the album art. Kinda dumb and useless but its a quick way to get to the list of songs on the PLAYLIST instead of the songs of the album of the song you are listening to.

ryanb

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
at least this is for me...while looking at the current song's album art you can slide you finger from left to right(like to delete email or txt chats) on the album art to go to the album list/playlist screen. Not like the 'back' of the album art. Kinda dumb and useless but its a quick way to get to the list of songs on the PLAYLIST instead of the songs of the album of the song you are

oops.. sounds cool I'll check it out

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
at least this is for me...while looking at the current song's album art you can slide you finger from left to right(like to delete email or txt chats) on the album art to go to the album list/playlist screen. Not like the 'back' of the album art. Kinda dumb and useless but its a quick way to get to the list of songs on the PLAYLIST instead of the songs of the album of the song you are listening to.
Interesting. It sort of works. It seems responsive only about 50% of the time. I don't know if this chance factor makes it any more efficient than the back button.

chunter001

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
so are you talking about the same thing it does if you just touch the "i" on the bottom right of the screen while in album art?

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
so are you talking about the same thing it does if you just touch the "i" on the bottom right of the screen while in album art?
Album art while iPhone is in vertical position, not horizontal.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
For me this does the same thing as when I tap the left arrow that appears on the upper left above the album art.

scrowner

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
You can also simply tap the album art, in horizontal or vertical, to see the list of songs. There are many ways to get back to just the album art.

Jul 17, 2007
It goes to whatever icon/view you last selected at the bottom (like when you're not looking at the album art).

For example, if you're looking at a list of videos and you press the "now playing" button, swiping a finger across the album art brings you back to the video list (or whatever view you picked last). All in vertical mode. Kind of a shortcut... Nice find !

scrowner

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
It goes to whatever icon/view you last selected at the bottom (like when you're not looking at the album art).
Ok. Yep. I see this feature - I had always used the left arrow button at the top. Nice.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007

For example, if your looking at a list of videos and you press the "now playing" button, swiping a finger across the album art brings you back to the video list (or whatever view you picked last). All in vertical mode. Kind of a shortcut... Nice find !
Not to be picky (only to understand the point), how is this a "shortcut" if it's a more elaborate gesture than just tapping the arrow in the upper left?

Jul 17, 2007
Not to be picky (only to understand the point), how is this a "shortcut" if it's a more elaborate gesture than just tapping the arrow in the upper left?
Well, I did say “kind” of a shortcut. Alternative - may be a better word though...

cdoyle

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
double tap the album art and it takes you to the album songs..