Just found out-Data Plan-$39.99!

luckfam

Bronze
May 31, 2007
Just called an AT&T store to find out about availability. I also asked about the data plan. The customer service rep stated that the data plan for the iPhone would be $39.99 which will include 1500 text messages and unlimited internet access. She sounded pretty sure of herself, which is a bummer because I was really hoping for $20!

vtecryder00

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Son of a BLEEP BLEEP. They are BLEEP stupid for doing dat. Dat means the monthly is gonna be like $150+ for me because hav to pay for the lady too. BLEEP!

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Just called an AT&T store to find out about availability. I also asked about the data plan. The customer service rep stated that the data plan for the iPhone would be $39.99 which will include 1500 text messages and unlimited internet access. She sounded pretty sure of herself, which is a bummer because I was really hoping for $20!

Still hasn't answered the REAL question. Is it MANDATORY?
:mad:

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
F' AT&T. I won't believe a single thing from these silly reps from Apple or AT&T stores - I'll believe a price when it set in stone on the Apple or AT&T website, or at their respective brick and mortar stores. We've heard so many things, so many different forms of things relating to the data plan, you just don't know what to believe. Don't believe a single thing those reps say until it comes from the mouth of the CEO's themselves.

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
maybe

on a dif thread, some guy said it was 2 plans -text and data in 1 price ($39..). maybe we will have the option for no text msging. i text less than 10 msgs per mo IF THAT! so it sucks for me. if i do have to pay it, i will. i was expecting $40 data (looking at cing. current rates for unlimited) anyway. if i have 1500 text msgs per mo....i wonder if they roll over? hehehe by the end of the yr i'll have over 17,000 left.:p

May 6, 2007
United States

Again, this could be true, be we can't be sure as these store reps tend to not know very much.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
SOS, different day. We've been hearing this for a month now. You might have talked to someone that was looking at the same plans those people were looking at a month ago.

Maybe you're right, but we won't really know until they post the data plan details on At&t.com.

adamjohn_98

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
My AT&T rep just told me that they are going through training tomorrow and to call back around 5 pm and he should know.

Finally we will know something...
I hope its better than the training that the Apple reps are getting tomorrow, the store manager at my local store said it was just a review of what is on the current iPhone website. Keep us posted!