Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Buy 3G iPhone

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • other option(Post)

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I just found out that their is no 3g coverage in my area of Elizabethtown, Kentucky! I was so excited that their was a new iPhone coming out, and it would be faster with 3G, GPS, and v2.0! Now my hopes are all gone.

What should I do?

-Should I just go and buy a current iPhone
-Go ahead and buy a the 3G version for future usage wherever I may be (Just gotta hope that it
s not anymore expensive than current data/Egde is)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The 3G iPhone will most likely have more hardware improvements as well as 3G. I suggest you get it anyway.

- John

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
lol Dana. Great response...

I'm the V1 fanboy around here, but with V2 so close around the corner, I'd just wait and see. Personally, if I were you, if it costs any more than the V1's, I would just go ahead and get a V1.

The plan will likely cost more for the 3G, and it will likely be a while before your area gets coverage.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Unless you're more likely to move in the next two years than get another new phone in 2 years, I would say try and get the current iPhone cheap. If you get it used off of eBay or someplace similar and activate it on AT&T you can always use it until 3G is more readily available in your area and then get a new 3G iPhone and activate it. It'll extend your contract a further two years from the date of activation but then you'll be the happy owner of a great 3G iPhone so it shouldn't be that bad.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah, V1 prices will plummet once the new one comes out, so either way you win to wait a couple weeks.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
I would wait. Why would you buy an outdated piece of technology? Now, if money is a factor then that's different. Like some other guy said, there might be other hardware improvements on the next gen iPhone that will sway you.

Joe

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Go ahead and get the 3G version. You might get lucky and get 3G coverage sooner than you think, or might be on a fringe area that gets it by chance.

On top of that, it will very likely have improved EDGE performance anyway, so you should just go ahead and get it.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Go ahead and get the 3G version. You might get lucky and get 3G coverage sooner than you think, or might be on a fringe area that gets it by chance.

On top of that, it will very likely have improved EDGE performance anyway, so you should just go ahead and get it.
Yeah that sounds good, but then the 3G iPhone would turn into an investment instead of surely having 3G available:sick:

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Im gonna be moving in a week to Louisville, cause the last day of my sophomore year ended yesterday, and I'll be starting my Junior year in Louisville. My parents wanted me to finish out my school year at that school, so I guess I got lucky cause Louisville oughta have 3G and I just found out that theirs an Apple store here!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Im gonna be moving in a week to Louisville, cause the last day of my sophomore year ended yesterday, and I'll be starting my Junior year in Louisville. My parents wanted me to finish out my school year at that school, so I guess I got lucky cause Louisville oughta have 3G and I just found out that theirs an Apple store here!
Parents made a wise decision. The area is called Prospect and is very nice. You will like it. We have 3G coverage all over and the Apple Store is really nice. It is located in a mall call Oxmore Mall. You are actually in Oldham Co. but is still considered Louisville. They have excellent schools.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Parents made a wise decision. The area is called Prospect and is very nice. You will like it. We have 3G coverage all over and the Apple Store is really nice. It is located in a mall call Oxmore Mall. You are actually in Oldham Co. but is still considered Louisville. They have excellent schools.
Thanks Dude! Yeah Louisville is bigger than what I thought it was, cause I had only been to the kentucky derby on a field trip:(
Excellent Schools? Well this is my junior year and all my teachers before had said that your junior year is your hardest year, so if these schools are as hard as you say they are, there gonna be expecting me to make straights A in everything:sick:

But Thanks for the welcome!

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
I just found out that their is no 3g coverage in my area of Elizabethtown, Kentucky! I was so excited that their was a new iPhone coming out, and it would be faster with 3G, GPS, and v2.0! Now my hopes are all gone.

What should I do?

-Should I just go and buy a current iPhone
-Go ahead and buy a the 3G version for future usage wherever I may be (Just gotta hope that it
s not anymore expensive than current data/Egde is)
i just checked, there is coverage where in live, NYC......im sure it will mean a high bill and probably a cap too

gussie06

Jun 4, 2008
general question...

I currently have the a treo and am considering the iPhone as my next purchase. I have heard from different people that the internet connection is slow. Is this the experience of others? I like the touch screen options in both phones but use the internet rather frequently and need to know the performance. Also, is there anything that you don't like about the iPhone?
thx:)

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I have a friend who's has a treo 755p and is totally happy with it, or atleast thats what he wants us to believe, Lol! He later bought himself an iPod touch :)

back on topic the internet is not slow even before the new 3G edition/addition coming in the next few weeks. Just go on youtube and see for yourself :)
Whoever told you that must have been an iPhone hater!

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Well, at first after researching and finding out that the area that I live in does not have 3G, I wasn't going to get it. But last night I had an urge to sell my iPhone and buy the new one. So I put it on craigslist and it sold. Im mainly just buying the new iPhone to not have "old technology", but also because I don't stay home 24/7 and im constantly going to different cities daily, which im sure some of them will have 3G so yeah.