Just found out that...

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
Because I work at Walmart I can get a 15% discount off my monthly AT&T cellphone bill! Man that was some great news. Also just got the (family unlimited text messaging for $30) so that was a big savings since my son was always going over and me too some times. Hee Hee.....just thought I would share:)

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
Are you sure it's not 15% off airtime minutes?

because i work at BofA and also get a 15% discount, but only on airtime minutes (i think its minutes)

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
It is 15% i used to work there as a manager and now that I left I still have my discount on the account

Because I work at Walmart I can get a 15% discount off my monthly AT&T cellphone bill! Man that was some great news. Also just got the (family unlimited text messaging for $30) so that was a big savings since my son was always going over and me too some times. Hee Hee.....just thought I would share:)
i love the unlimited family texting! its like way cheaper and easier to have just one texting account for the whole family... and you don't have to worry about someone going over their texts :)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I have a University of Florida FAN discount and I believe that the discount is on the entire bill, not just the voice plan. That is how it seems to work out on the bill at least.

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
I have a University of Florida FAN discount and I believe that the discount is on the entire bill, not just the voice plan. That is how it seems to work out on the bill at least.
What is a FAN discount? I keep reading about it, but don't know what it is

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
if you work for certain kinds of companies, then you can get a discount on your att wireless bill... or if you go to certain colleges...
I work for Bank of America, and I do get a discount on my AT&T account, but I'm not sure if its a FAN discount.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I think the FAN thing is just the corporate account number identifying the discount as it's different for different institutions.

Bottom line: You're getting it.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Are you sure it's not 15% off airtime minutes?

because i work at BofA and also get a 15% discount, but only on airtime minutes (i think its minutes)
FAN discounts are what ever % you get off the voice plan and any other package that is $30 or more.
So in this case you would get 15% off the voice plan,15% off the data plan, and 15% off any other package that is $30 or more. If you had a $5 txt plan, you don't get 15% off that.

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
I think the FAN thing is just the corporate account number identifying the discount as it's different for different institutions.

Bottom line: You're getting it.
Awesome
FAN discounts are what ever % you get off the voice plan and any other package that is $30 or more.
So in this case you would get 15% off the voice plan,15% off the data plan, and 15% off any other package that is $30 or more. If you had a $5 txt plan, you don't get 15% off that.
Even awesomer!

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
just remember that with the FAN discount Apple will no longer be able to help you out for purchasing and servicing the phone, since they have an agreement with ATT to allow them to handle all FAN discount members.

Also, FAN stands for Foundation Account Number.