Just found something neat with the earphone clicker..

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I dunno if anyone else knows this or has posted it...searched, didn't find anything.

If you "double-click" the earphone button while playing music in the iPod, it will actually skip forward a track. Neat. :)

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
We're trying to affect a bit of change here at EIP. I assume this was in gest, but still doesn't always come across that way. Oddly enough, it's usually TrippalHealicks on the response side.;)

Remember, for some this is their first day with an iPhone and possibly their first day on a forum. Let's not scare away new users. FWIW, I didn't know about this tip and I run this site.

Please take some time to look over the new Forum Policy Guidelines.

<--------Getting back down from the soap box.

-Chris

p.s. - As a Yankee fan, I seriously considered a guideline banning Red Sox fans, but that would kill the fun come October when we make our run.

Last edited:

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
p.s. - As a Yankee fan, I seriously considered a guideline banning Red Sox fans, but that would kill the fun come October when we make our run.
Not to change the topic and completly hijack a thread but you better tell your boys to hurry up wit their run because I think if they wait until October it will be to late.

So we have a bump in our pitching and bring in Gabbard and Lester with Schilling in the wings. What do you got? Some 40 year old has-ben who can barely pitch a minor legue game? Ha! ;-)

Ok, Ok, back on topic, this tip was originally posted in the tips and tricks sticky last week.

- SR

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
This is on topic. Posted by Apple last week

iPhone: Using the Stereo Headset
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306006

The button does other things than just control music

Decline an incoming call Press and hold for about two seconds, then let go. When you let go, two low beeps confirm you declined the call.
Switch to an incoming call or on-hold call and put the current call on hold Click once. Click again to switch back to the first call.
Switch to an incoming or on-hold call and end the current call Press and hold for about two seconds, then let go. When you let go, two low beeps confirm you ended the first call.

- SR

kwt

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Chicago 'Burbs
www.v6challenge.com
This is on topic. Posted by Apple last week

iPhone: Using the Stereo Headset
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306006

The button does other things than just control music

Decline an incoming call Press and hold for about two seconds, then let go. When you let go, two low beeps confirm you declined the call.
Switch to an incoming call or on-hold call and put the current call on hold Click once. Click again to switch back to the first call.
Switch to an incoming or on-hold call and end the current call Press and hold for about two seconds, then let go. When you let go, two low beeps confirm you ended the first call.

- SR
Great info.

Go Cubs :D

Jun 5, 2007
We're trying to affect a bit of change here at EIP. I assume this was in gest, but still doesn't always come across that way. Oddly enough, it's usually TrippalHealicks on the response side.;)

Remember, for some this is their first day with an iPhone and possibly their first day on a forum. Let's not scare away new users. FWIW, I didn't know about this tip and I run this site.

Please take some time to look over the new Forum Policy Guidelines.

<--------Getting back down from the soap box.

-Chris

as a red sox fan, nine games and YANKEES BLOWWWWW
btw chris i have lost all respect for you the same way i do with others of your kind (cough cough tinman) i think we need an option do not thanks people...

Last edited by a moderator:

iHuman

Bronze
Dec 16, 2006
Hells Kitchen, New York City
as a red sox fan, nine games and YANKEES BLOWWWWW
btw chris i have lost all respect for you the same way i do with others of your kind (cough cough tinman) i think we need an option do not thanks people...

Ughhh I do believe its 7.5 and I have my pop-corn ready to go as I sadistically watch the Red Sox self destruct.

To keep on topic, I like the click option of the earbuds, but the quality of the sound is garbage, I got the others with it.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
To keep on topic, I like the click option of the earbuds, but the quality of the sound is garbage, I got the others with it.
Hmmm, sounds like a useful accessory might be a just a wire with an iphone-friendly plug on one end, a standard headphone jack on the other, and somewhere in the middle a clicker (perhaps with a mic, if it can be turned off in case the phone's mic is more convenient).

They make these for Treos, or at least did.

--
Mike