Just found something new.....probably old

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Ok, I searched for "two fingers", didn't find any other threads about this.
This is probably elementary to some of you, but I just found it.

If you have a field full of text (in Safari) that you want to scroll down through, independent of the page moving, you can actually put 2 fingers on the screen, close together, and it will scroll down through a window. This is especially helpful on Myspace, when replying to a message, in that window full of text.

So, if you're on Myspace, and you have a reply message up, and it has the entire history of messages copied below the blank space, you can put your index and middle finger together on the screen, and scroll down and up through the window. This is helpful, becaus it seems to always start the view a little "scrolled down" in that reply box, for some reason.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Well, i'm glad some people made some use of it. :)
I thought for sure that I was the last person to find this.
This, coupled with the CAPS Lock thing makes me a pretty "handy" guy, around here. lol

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Well, i'm glad some people made some use of it. :)
I thought for sure that I was the last person to find this.
This, coupled with the CAPS Lock thing makes me a pretty "handy" guy, around here. lol
Nice find! I actually find it a bit easier to put the two fingertips on the screen a second apart -- don't know why...

This is probably already commonly known, but I found (for myself) that, in Safari, if you touch the very top of the screen where the time is displayed, the screen automatically scrolls back to the top.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Nice find! I actually find it a bit easier to put the two fingertips on the screen a second apart -- don't know why...

This is probably already commonly known, but I found (for myself) that, in Safari, if you touch the very top of the screen where the time is displayed, the screen automatically scrolls back to the top.
Yes, that's also how you get the address bar and stop/refresh buttons to come down. ;)