Just FYI about 5.1.1 & new jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by BRIAN82176, May 28, 2012.

1. BRIAN82176

BRIAN82176 New Member

If u have a iPhone jailbroken on 5.1.1 do not put Siriport on it will get Siri or your phone will crash be stuck on Apple logo and u will have to restore it

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Just install Esra Assistant. It's a 'Siri Like' application. Works amazing! I made a thread about it in 'Cydia Apps'. It's in the Repo 'BigBoss', so it's safe and works on iOS 5.1.1.

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Admin note: moved to jailbreak

4. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

"Spire" a key component for most Siri type ports is NOT compatible 5.1.x firmware....and may never will as the author of this utility will not be updating it... FYI there is a hacked/glitchy version of Spire called "Spite" really not worth the effort...

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I agree, not worth the time and effort. I have come to enjoy the free Cydia app called Esra Assistant, which is just like Siri. It may not be as good as Siri, but it's still nice.

6. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I tried ESRA and it sucked. Never worked, never understood my commands and even made osme of my stock Apple apps non-functioning. Same thing happened with Siriport using wordjelly. NAd, this was all on jailbreak 5.0.1.

7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Esra Assistant works fine for me for asking the weather and the time and stuff.

8. EverythingApple

Gold

Maybe she just likes you. Do you have a British accent? lol I don't.

9. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Well certain sentences she will respond to. No I don't have a British accent. If I say hello she'll respond, and also how are you. And what is the weather, and google this.

10. EverythingApple

Gold

How about the installation of ESRA hanging up stock Apple apps or app store apps? That was my biggest problem. Second, was asking what's the weather and she's respond, I don't understand you.

11. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

No, ESRA Assistant does not cause any hanging up issues for me. As far as voice recognition, there is an app for the Assistant that is supposed to be installed through Cydia. I can't seem to find it now. I believe it's now included with the installation of ESRA. There was an update for ESRA a few days ago.