Just Ghost-Armor(ed) my iPhone 5!

Apr 27, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I love this stuff! I went to the Ghost-Armor kiosk here in the Kierland Commons in Scottsdale and they did a fantastic job on the front, matte back and matte sides. No case needed now! Love it.

Thanks GA!

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
I would like to see it too. I don't know if I could ever do it but it does look intriguing.

teefar

Bronze
Mar 13, 2009
Pic's and price?

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Does it cover the chamfer because that's the most vulnerable part.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
Does it cover the chamfer because that's the most vulnerable part.
Unfortunately, no it doesn't cover the chamfer. :( There's also nothing covering the bottom where headphone jack, speaker/mic and lightning cable goes.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
I'm interested to see the matte finish of Ghost Armor. Just a comparison, I installed bestskinsever on my iPhone. I use them all the time and prefer the coverage over Zagg. It looks like (compared to Ghost Armor) bestskinsever covers more closely to the switches and sim slot. And yes it covers the bottom area too but my pics aren't that great.

bottom.JPG side1.JPG side2.JPG side3.JPG

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i've never been a fan of skins on a phone. to be honest i'm really getting over trying to keep my phone pristine. i will however probably get a lifeproof case when they are released. i would love to take some underwater pics! also will be getting a 'life jacket' if they make them for the 5

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I just purchased this, and had them install this on Saturday at one of their mall kiosks. I had the front and back (matte) installed.

I need to wait 48 hours before putting it in a case. I'm going to use my SwitchEasy Tones case, for now, but am thinking about getting a bumper. I'm looking at the i-Blason or the Photive Hybrid. Or, are their better ones?

Any suggestions on the bumper? Comments?

{StatuSChecKa}

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2010
NorCal
I didn't know an adhesive would stick to the back because of the texture.

brdmsd

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Ghost Armor eventually wears out and starts to crinkle and bubble over time. I've had to replace it several times and while its free to do this it takes time to redo. Additionally without a cover(I use a clear plastic that shows off the phone nicely), your phone will not be protected if it is dropped

Sent using iCafe app

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I didn't know an adhesive would stick to the back because of the texture.
Why not? The texture isn't stucco. lol

Ghost Armor eventually wears out and starts to crinkle and bubble over time. I've had to replace it several times and while its free to do this it takes time to redo. Additionally without a cover(I use a clear plastic that shows off the phone nicely), your phone will not be protected if it is dropped

Sent using iCafe app
That's why you still need to use a case or bumper.

{StatuSChecKa}

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2010
NorCal
I have been wanting to take my iPhone naked like I did with the iPhone 4. I barely had a scratch on the glass. I want to take my iPhone 5 out of the case but I am not confident in the build quality, and I saw a video where someone rubbed keys on it and at scratched up like crazy.
I don't want to be tethered to a case all the time. I want to take it out the case for a few days here and there without worry.