Just got a iPhone over an 8300

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cccablecompany

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Hey guys! Yesterday, I went to AT&T store to get the 8300. I ran my credit and everything. With a 780 credit score, no doposit was required. I told the guy, I wanted to get a 8300 and port my Louisiana number over. I didn't want a Miami, Florida number. As he put my information in the computer to port over my sprint Louisiana number, he received an error to call billing support. He tried over and over for 2 hours to contact someone so I was like I have to go. It's was friday! I guess that was a sign not to get a 8300. A few mintues ago, I went to a AT&T iPhone store to check out what was all the hype about the iPhone. After using it for 15 mintues and playing with the 8300, I was sold. I wanted the iPhone. Its very soild. The 8300 has this cheap scroll wheel. I was like wtf. I checked out the email and surfed a few websites. EDGE is pretty dam fast compared to evdo to me. I am not a full-time surfer so I wouldn't care too much for speed. I was very concerned with better coverage than what sprint provided me. I had 15+ drop calls a day with them. I was told, I couldn't really go wrong with AT&T in my area. Back to the iPhone. I was able to type on the key without much of a problem. Its different but cool. The zoom feature is super great and the clear type feature works great also. I am aware of the bugs with the iPhone but I guess, I can just wait it out with you guys. 529.00 for the 4gb iPhone was paid in full. I can't wait till the patches. This phone is going to go down as one of the best phones ever. Thank guys for all the information! My 8703e is now on ebay and ready to be sold.

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
Welcome to EiP! Wise decision there with the iPhone.:laugh2: It's great. I love mine! There is a lot of information here to help you along the way. Have fun!

vanslam

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I replaced my 8500 with the iPhone. The web just crawled all the time. Its the phone and its sloooow processer that is to blame. Love the iPhone.