Just got my 4th iPhone... :frown:

little bob

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Ok, when I sync my phone the phone will just lock up. It will occasionally unlock and then it's locked up again right away(I know this by the sound it makes as if it's just been plugged in). My last phone I got (last week) was doing this and then it started to lock up on me while it wasn't syncing, it just kept locking up over and over and over while I was out and about. I took it back to the Apple store(again) and they replaced my phone(again). The genius told me that she didn't actually think it was my phone but that it was actually my PC and that I should buy a Mac...bla bla bla.

BIG BREATH........

Ok, so I take the new phone home and it starts doing the exact same thing that the old one does. I am now on phone #4. I bought a damn Mac thinking to myself, "Self, you wanted a mac anyway and you and the wife are both getting 3G's so why not go ahead and get a mac so I wont have these damn problems."

guess what?

STILL HAVE THE SAME FREAKING PROBLEM!

I have tried multiple cables and have now used two different computers.

and yes, I have restored my phone multiple times.

any thoughts or suggestions?

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Try syncing your phone at the Apple store and see if you have the same problem. Perhaps it's something you're doing when you're syncing.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Try syncing your phone at the Apple store and see if you have the same problem. Perhaps it's something you're doing when you're syncing.
Very good point. IF you have a mac, take it with you to the Apple store and show the genius EXACTLY what is happening. I agree with them; no way you get four faulty iPhones in a row.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Also, what's the power like in your place? Do you get brownouts much? Just a stretch, but worth asking, I think.

little bob

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Very good point. IF you have a mac, take it with you to the Apple store and show the genius EXACTLY what is happening. I agree with them; no way you get four faulty iPhones in a row.
Well, I havnt had the same problem with all four phones, just the last two.

How else could you sync a phone other than plugging it into the usb cable and pressing sync on iTunes?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Well, I havnt had the same problem with all four phones, just the last two.

How else could you sync a phone other than plugging it into the usb cable and pressing sync on iTunes?
You shouldn't even have to press sync. It should sync automatically. It should open iTunes and sync by itself.

little bob

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
You shouldn't even have to press sync. It should sync automatically. It should open iTunes and sync by itself.
That is an option that you can turn on or off. I have actually been using the 'sync automatically when you plug in your iPhone" option until just recently(changed it after my problems thinking that it may help).

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
sounds like a magnetic case problem:)

May 18, 2008
It would be easier taking your phones back to the shop, You must be the most unluckiest person in the universe to get so many bad phones on the trot.