just got my iPhone need little help installing apps

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nov 24, 2007
hi i just bought a pre-unlocked iPhone 8gig 1.0.2 evevythings all good just want to install some apps from http://iPhoneapplicationlist.com/page/2/ just wondering how i do that i've been reading but i'm not really sure how, can i use FLASHFXP? i'm kinda scared to hook it up to my CPU help please & thx u :cool::cool: does anyone know were to get itunnes 7.4?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Okay, here goes.

First of all, the iPhone is made by Apple. iTunes is made by Apple. They are made to work with each other. Do not be scared. It works wonderfully with the iPhone. Just put your media into iTunes and it will sync.

iTunes 7.4:
For PC
For Mac

Now for jailbreaking. I'll give you an application to use. I'll break it into PCs and Macs. Use whichever one is for you.

PC - I'm an avid Mac user, so anything I give you for the PC may be old. Excuse that. I think that your best bet is iBrickr. I have never used it, but I assume that you just plug in your iPhone and jailbreak it. Other PC users around here could probably help you with it more.

Mac - iFuntastic is clearly your best bet. It is the Mac version of iBrickr; it allows you to sync Ringtones, add applications, take screenshots, etc. I have used it and it's dead simple. Here is a guide for detailed instructions on how to use it.

You see, in 1.1.1, we were able to jailbreak our phones by simply visitiinig a website, www.jailbreakme.com. But you can't do that 1.0.2, and you can't upgrade because you unlocked it.

Hope this helped you.

- John

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
you're properly right about it already being jailbroken. You have to jailbrake before you unlock, which in turns allows other carriers besides AT&T. I would be extremely cautious about updates and such until you've had PLENTY of time reading these forums... Get Ibrickr like Macmanpro suggested and install the apps. I am still on 1.0.2 and have tons of apps. I have restored my phone through iTunes (pressing shift while I do so and navagating to the 1.0.2 software that I put on my desktop) literally tens of times. You could too, but then you would also have to unlock which is just one more step.

All i can really do is press upon you the importance of "searching" these terms you hear of on these forums... Do your research and all will be fine. All your answers are right here on this site. Good luck.

As a side note; Macmanpro is one of the many knowledgeable and helpful members we have. I would think about maybe searching his posts for creditable information...

Nov 24, 2007
ya sweet its jailbroken already, so i installed some apps everything went good. but i can't see some of the apps? can i not scoll up & down on the home screen

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Okay, here goes.

First of all, the iPhone is made by Apple. iTunes is made by Apple. They are made to work with each other. Do not be scared. It works wonderfully with the iPhone. Just put your media into iTunes and it will sync.

iTunes 7.4:
For PC
For Mac

Now for jailbreaking. I'll give you an application to use. I'll break it into PCs and Macs. Use whichever one is for you.

PC - I'm an avid Mac user, so anything I give you for the PC may be old. Excuse that. I think that your best bet is iBrickr. I have never used it, but I assume that you just plug in your iPhone and jailbreak it. Other PC users around here could probably help you with it more.

Mac - iFuntastic is clearly your best bet. It is the Mac version of iBrickr; it allows you to sync Ringtones, add applications, take screenshots, etc. I have used it and it's dead simple. Here is a guide for detailed instructions on how to use it.

You see, in 1.1.1, we were able to jailbreak our phones by simply visitiinig a website, www.jailbreakme.com. But you can't do that 1.0.2, and you can't upgrade because you unlocked it.

Hope this helped you.

- John
since you've become a mod, you now have to answer the repeatedly asked questions :p