Just got my new iPhone and have a few questions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SonoPixie

Oct 1, 2007
Kentucky
Well I finally got myself an iPhone Friday after work. I did not have time to activate it till last night after my husbands gig (musician). It was very simple to do. I have had a few sync problems (like can't my contacts to synch from home email). My biggest problem I'm having is my slow DSL lite internet connection (Windstream). I can't download the software update. I guess I will have to take my lap top to work and use the wireless there to download. Does anyone know if it will be alright to sync to more than one computer? I only want my work email, contacts and downloads from the one at work. It was synced to my other phone so all my contacts that were on my sim card is in my work contacts.
The internet is faster even w/o the wifi. The ipod part is great. All my music on my computer synced. Today I had hours of spread sheet work to do and I listed to my music (including my husbands CD). It was pretty great. None of my pictures synced but I can't remember where to go and click them so it is my bad.
Anyway, I just want to express my joy at having my new iPhone. What difference can I expect when I do the software upgrade? iTunes only told me one was available to download but no other information.
Have a great night, Sheila
P. S. I can't spell worth a darn and in order to use the spell check, I have to download it. We know from the first paragraph I can't download crap w/my connection.:oops: Sorry if anything is spelled wrong.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
congratulations baby on your new iPhone. You have a lot of questions and hopefully someone will answer them all for you here in one response but maybe spend tomorrow searching deep in this forum for your answers and you'll properly have good results. I don't think anything you asked about hasn't been discussed here previously... Good luck

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Does anyone know if it will be alright to sync to more than one computer?

You can sync more than one PC, but keep in mind it will want you to sync all the PC's... meaning if one PC has 200 contacts and the other has 300, it will want to make them all the same. Just merge the contact list on all PC's and you should be fine.

What difference can I expect when I do the software upgrade?
From what I'm reading here you will not be a heavy mod'er. That means you probably won't want to install 3rd party applications or otherwise "hack" your iPhone. If that's a true statement, then the 1.1.1 will give you some cool features you will want to use including my favorite the iTunes WiFi music store.

Scholar

Oct 3, 2007
yeah... congrats on the new unit. great questions... theres a few there that i'd like to know as well.

SonoPixie

Oct 1, 2007
Kentucky
new problem

Well I am enjoying my new phone but have ran into a few problems. No matter what the IT guy at work did, my calendar will not sync. I need my calendar to keep up with myself. He worked on it for 5 hours at work and could not get it. Another IT guy synced his and it worked fine. Could it be my lap top? My mail and contacts worked ok. We even tried a reset. Anyone have advice? I may not be able to understand it but he will.
Thanks and have a great day, Sheila