Just got my new MBA and love it!

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Excellent - enjoy! I was going to switch from my late 2010 model MacBook Pro to the MacBook Air but the specs weren't just there for me.
Understood... I have a MacPro for my heavy duty desktop work, so I don't require much power or disk space on my MBA. It really is cool to be able to take my MBA to meetings and take notes rather than writing on a pad of paper or attempting to type on my iPad.

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Just ordered the Bodyguardz carbon fiber skins. Couldn't find them at any local distributor, so ordered them directly from the Bodyguardz.com website.

Can't wait for them to arrive. I'll post pics once I receive and install them.

Dazzle7000

Bronze
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
Understood... I have a MacPro for my heavy duty desktop work, so I don't require much power or disk space on my MBA. It really is cool to be able to take my MBA to meetings and take notes rather than writing on a pad of paper or attempting to type on my iPad.
I don't have the need for a heavy duty computer so for a change I was practical and just got a Mac Book Air. I was wondering what was the best way to connect both my iPhone and Mac Air to wifi when traveling. Right now I have no Internet connection other than wifi at home and I much prefer wifi to 3G. Any recommendations for an outside device? I don't like hotspots for anything requiring concentration as the noise level in these places makes my hair stand on end! If I'm just cruising the Internet or playing solitaire that's one thing, but trying to have a phone conversation with Apple Tech with dishes clattering and chairs being dragged around in the background just makes me crazy!

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I'm pretty jealous. I have the first generation MBA. It's starting to show it's age, to be honest. I was very close to buying a new one, but I realized that for what I use the MBA for, spending 1200 on a new one was kind of a waste. I have an iMac for all my heavy duty stuff and i use the MBA mainly for surfing the net, chatting, and some light word processing. I don't even have many apps on it because I use the iMac.

Still, it'd be nice to have the speed of the new MBA. Mine is sooooo slow.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Got the BodyGuardZ installed on my MacBook Air. I really like them :)
Good look... will have to take a look at them for my Air.

I had the 2010 Air and it was the best laptop I have ever owned. And I have owned many over the years. The two that gave me close to the same "oh WOW!" feeling were a tiny little Toshiba Libretto back in 1997 that was about the size of a VHS tape and an IBM ThinkPad 701 back in 1995 that had that amazing butterfly keyboard (the keyboard expanded as you opened the lid of the laptop--very impressive).

I liked the 2010 Air so much I just sold it and got the 2011 model. My 2010 Air was just the basic model but this time stepped up to the 4GB RAM/128GB SSD model and am very happy with it. I now can run Windows via Parallels for work stuff and no longer need my Windows laptop. It actually seems faster than my Windows laptop (HP that of course came with 35 tons of crap-ware preinstalled some of which will linger forever).

Michael

Dazzle7000

Bronze
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
Got the BodyGuardZ installed on my MacBook Air. I really like them :)
Why does anyone have to put that stuff on in the first place? Are you so hard on your toys that you have to immediately cover them up with this gunk? Do you really believe it will protect your Mac if you drop it? As for scratches, I have had my iPhone for a whole year without a coating and it has no scratches. Why don't you use the money you spend on this useless crap and give it to an animal rescue group or to medical research or to feed the hungry right here in the USA?

Dazzle7000

Bronze
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
Why does anyone have to put that stuff on in the first place? Are you so hard on your toys that you have to immediately cover them up with this gunk? Do you really believe it will protect your Mac if you drop it? As for scratches, I have had my iPhone for a whole year without a coating and it has no scratches. Why don't you use the money you spend on this useless crap and give it to an animal rescue group or to medical research or to feed the hungry right here in the USA?
I realize we have the right to spend our money, hard-earned or otherwise, on whatever activates those endorphins, but I just cannot believe the companies that make this product can find people to buy them. Why not just flush the $ down the toilet or, better yet, send it to me?

I also think it's been too quiet on this forum for a while so I wanted to try to stir things up a bit.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I realize we have the right to spend our money, hard-earned or otherwise, on whatever activates those endorphins, but I just cannot believe the companies that make this product can find people to buy them. Why not just flush the $ down the toilet or, better yet, send it to me?

I also think it's been too quiet on this forum for a while so I wanted to try to stir things up a bit.
Huh?

The skins work well and are not that expensive--especially BodyGuardz.

They are not meant to protect much in a fall but they do indeed prevent scratches and scuffs. I had bodyguardz on my very first iPhone and when I took it off my iPhone was in pristine condition (well it still is--I can't part with it lolz).

Michael

Dazzle7000

Bronze
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
Huh?

The skins work well and are not that expensive--especially BodyGuardz.

They are not meant to protect much in a fall but they do indeed prevent scratches and scuffs. I had bodyguardz on my very first iPhone and when I took it off my iPhone was in pristine condition (well it still is--I can't part with it lolz).

Michael
My iPhone 4 is in pristine condition without BodyGuardz or any other covering. I feel safer with a case than without one, but as far as pasting plastic over a beautiful instrument which I maintain does nothing other than enrich a few entrepreneurs who are laughing all the way to the bank is something I won't do. But hey, it's your choice.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Dazzle, the fact that your iPhone doesn't have any scratches does not mean that BodyGuardz are "useless crap" or a scam. They do help prevent scuffs and scratches. Some people like that peace of mind.

Dazzle7000

Bronze
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
Dazzle, the fact that your iPhone doesn't have any scratches does not mean that BodyGuardz are "useless crap" or a scam. They do help prevent scuffs and scratches. Some people like that peace of mind.
Then they should have it. And probably not all of it is crap. It's just so quiet around here that i wanted to stir things up. I just think they're unnecessary and I had the Shield, I think it was called, that got rave reviews. All it did for my phone was make it harder to keep clean.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Then they should have it. And probably not all of it is crap. It's just so quiet around here that i wanted to stir things up. I just think they're unnecessary and I had the Shield, I think it was called, that got rave reviews. All it did for my phone was make it harder to keep clean.
In case you've been on another planet lately, things have been plenty stirred up. ;)

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
My iPhone 4 is in pristine condition without BodyGuardz or any other covering. I feel safer with a case than without one, but as far as pasting plastic over a beautiful instrument which I maintain does nothing other than enrich a few entrepreneurs who are laughing all the way to the bank is something I won't do. But hey, it's your choice.
Your iPhone 4 is mostly glass which does not easily scratch. Of course a skin won't do too much (though it can help small chips right at the edge of the glass).

But aluminum can indeed scratch and having a skin means it will be the one getting scratched or scuffed, not the aluminum itself.

I also found having a skin on my 2G iPhone, which had an aluminum exterior too, made it easier to hold and less likely to slip out of my hand. I also once dropped that phone, with nothing on it but a skin, and it slid about six feet on sand-covered concrete. It would have for sure ended up scratched up had it not been for that skin (which was a mess--it died saving the iPhone :)).

Michael

Dazzle7000

Bronze
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
Your iPhone 4 is mostly glass which does not easily scratch. Of course a skin won't do too much (though it can help small chips right at the edge of the glass).

But aluminum can indeed scratch and having a skin means it will be the one getting scratched or scuffed, not the aluminum itself.

I also found having a skin on my 2G iPhone, which had an aluminum exterior too, made it easier to hold and less likely to slip out of my hand. I also once dropped that phone, with nothing on it but a skin, and it slid about six feet on sand-covered concrete. It
would have for sure ended up scratched up had it not been for that skin (which was a mess--it died saving the iPhone :)).

Michael
That's what I like about Incase. With the matte-finish slider you feel you've got a secure grip on the phone, especially when walking across tile floors.