Just got the 3G and....

Squirtle

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
Brownsville Texas
Well just purchased the 3G a few days ago and I'm very happy with it. Loving this forum as well very informative. All I need is a video camera. Is there an app available? By the way my phone is stock on AT&T.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Welcome to EiC and congrats on the purchase. As for a Video Recording App, you're going to need to Jailbreak for that. QuickPWN can get you Jialbroken and from there you install Cycorder using Cydia. It's a great app and works pretty well.

Squirtle

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
Brownsville Texas
Sound simple enough and I looked into the JB but really don't know if its for me. I would really like to keep my phone stock for now, so I guess there would be no other way?

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
No other way. I suggest you keep the phone stock for a few weeks until you get real aquainted with it and then when you want more jailbreak.

Squirtle

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
Brownsville Texas
Well I really appreciate all the support! This forum has helped me from as little as adding ringtones to converting movie files. Love the iPhone and hope to get more out of it. Thanks EIC!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Glad you're enjoying your new phone and the forums. Lots of great stuff here, both in material and in personalities. :)

I also recommend staying stock for a bit until you get more comfortable with the phone and read up on the subject of jailbreaking. When and if you're ready, we'll be here to help.

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
Welcome Squirtle. You are really from South Texas. Went to college in Lubbock at TT.

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
If you haven't jailbroken your iPhone, you don't know what you are missing. Jailbreaking your iPhone unlocks a world of new possibilities :).

I'm from the South but yeah :p.

MrEous

Silver
Dec 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
IF you do end of Jailbreaking it and something doesn't run right you can always do a reset. I was reading up on it and there are very few cases of someone jacking up their iPhone enough to make it a paperweight.

Oh yeah, DFW representing!

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
Welcome Squirtle. You are really from South Texas. Went to college in Lubbock at TT.

I live in Lubbock...Go Red Raiders

im kinda sad to Micheal Crabtree declared for the draft. Good thing they are loaded with receivers