Just great!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

D-Shot

Jun 29, 2007
Drove by my local ATT store and it's a complete ghost town. No cops, no campers, no security, no nothing. Worst part is I have no idea why I drove by. The hype I suppose. I Was all set to go to the bar across the street for the evening and head over to the store afterwards to wait. That was until they announced the 6pm release time. Lucky for me, I have to work at 4pm. By the way, this is in Mesa AZ.

hunt577

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Drove by my local ATT store and it's a complete ghost town. No cops, no campers, no security, no nothing. Worst part is I have no idea why I drove by. The hype I suppose. I Was all set to go to the bar across the street for the evening and head over to the store afterwards to wait. That was until they announced the 6pm release time. Lucky for me, I have to work at 4pm. By the way, this is in Mesa AZ.
You should be happy! I did the same thing this evening when I got off from work because I work 2nd shift. It was a complete ghost town as well. I was expecting to see maybe a few cars out front with people sleeping in them, lol. But no, I didn't.

D-Shot

Jun 29, 2007
You should be happy! I did the same thing this evening when I got off from work because I work 2nd shift. It was a complete ghost town as well. I was expecting to see maybe a few cars out front with people sleeping in them, lol. But no, I didn't.
I guess what I was saying is that it kind of adds insult to injury. I pull up and the place is quiet as can be. I have all morning and most of the afternoon to get one but with the 6pm release time, I will be working. Had they just opened the store at a normal time in the am, I would have been first without question (provided I wasn't kicked out). I wonder how many people I will see at work tomorrow with them later in the evening?

hunt577

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
I guess what I was saying is that it kind of adds insult to injury. I pull up and the place is quiet as can be. I have all morning and most of the afternoon to get one but with the 6pm release time, I will be working. Had they just opened the store at a normal time in the am, I would have been first without question (provided I wasn't kicked out). I wonder how many people I will see at work tomorrow with them later in the evening?

Well, it all depends on your location. Where I am at in the Triad area of North Carolina, there are no lines currently. When is your lunch break? If you have atleast 45 minutes or more, I would go by the AT&T store during that break to see what the lines are like, thats what I'm gonna do. If it's packed, or there is somewhat of a long line, forget it. Thats when you get to a computer by 9 PM EDT (6 PM PDT), for the Apple.com launch. Hopefully they have overnight delivery, and you can get it by Tuesday. Just a strategy.