Just had my AT&T upgrade fee waived

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I just had an internet chat with AT&T and had my $40 upgrade fee waived for my iPhone 6. I first asked if a waiver was part of my FAN discount and it wasn't. I then asked if they would just waive it for being a loyal customer and they did. Didn't even have to fight for it. They noted the waiver in the the notes of my account and I just have to contact them again for the credit once the fee hits the account.

I thought it might be better to ask now before they get an onslaught of calls for waivers in a few weeks. Good luck, everyone! :)

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Sadly I already paid the fee on my AT&T parents account but then asked for a waive due to all of the upgrade preorder issues I had. Now I'm waiting for the refund to appear on my card, and I'm hoping they can change the $40 credit to be put on this bill for AT&T and not the next. I'd rather not have to worry about still having a balance and our service get disconnected lol. Although a AT&T guy I now have contact with said if that happens he will just give us credits.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I got both of mine waived today but man let me tell you .
AT&T did such a number last month when they lost the phone I turned in from the NEXT program . Took me days to fix it. Then they messed up the bill while fixing the said problem and it said past due. I just paid after all can't have no past due bill (even they put a note on there) when you want to upgrade to an iPhone. Fast forward got the iPhones and looking at my bill today - I had 3 family plans a 10 GB and 2 15 GB plans. I am glad I caught it early. Now it is fixed but the next bill reflect the 3 plans and has to be adjusted yet again. I told the guy what do I have to do to get those waived? He said so much trouble I got he waives them one for long time customer and the other because of all the trouble I go through . I am happy for now ! Until I probably see the next bill ....

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I got both of mine waived today but man let me tell you .
AT&T did such a number last month when they lost the phone I turned in from the NEXT program . Took me days to fix it. Then they messed up the bill while fixing the said problem and it said past due. I just paid after all can't have no past due bill (even they put a note on there) when you want to upgrade to an iPhone. Fast forward got the iPhones and looking at my bill today - I had 3 family plans a 10 GB and 2 15 GB plans. I am glad I caught it early. Now it is fixed but the next bill reflect the 3 plans and has to be adjusted yet again. I told the guy what do I have to do to get those waived? He said so much trouble I got he waives them one for long time customer and the other because of all the trouble I go through . I am happy for now ! Until I probably see the next bill ....
Glad you got this taken care of. AT&T should have definitely waived your $40 fees! What a mess!