Just had my AT&T upgrade fee waived

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I just had an internet chat with AT&T and had my $40 upgrade fee waived for my iPhone 6. I first asked if a waiver was part of my FAN discount and it wasn't. I then asked if they would just waive it for being a loyal customer and they did. Didn't even have to fight for it. They noted the waiver in the the notes of my account and I just have to contact them again for the credit once the fee hits the account.

I thought it might be better to ask now before they get an onslaught of calls for waivers in a few weeks. Good luck, everyone! :)

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Sadly I already paid the fee on my AT&T parents account but then asked for a waive due to all of the upgrade preorder issues I had. Now I'm waiting for the refund to appear on my card, and I'm hoping they can change the $40 credit to be put on this bill for AT&T and not the next. I'd rather not have to worry about still having a balance and our service get disconnected lol. Although a AT&T guy I now have contact with said if that happens he will just give us credits.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
They're getting tougher with the waive.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I got both of mine waived today but man let me tell you .
AT&T did such a number last month when they lost the phone I turned in from the NEXT program . Took me days to fix it. Then they messed up the bill while fixing the said problem and it said past due. I just paid after all can't have no past due bill (even they put a note on there) when you want to upgrade to an iPhone. Fast forward got the iPhones and looking at my bill today - I had 3 family plans a 10 GB and 2 15 GB plans. I am glad I caught it early. Now it is fixed but the next bill reflect the 3 plans and has to be adjusted yet again. I told the guy what do I have to do to get those waived? He said so much trouble I got he waives them one for long time customer and the other because of all the trouble I go through . I am happy for now ! Until I probably see the next bill ....

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I got both of mine waived today but man let me tell you .
AT&T did such a number last month when they lost the phone I turned in from the NEXT program . Took me days to fix it. Then they messed up the bill while fixing the said problem and it said past due. I just paid after all can't have no past due bill (even they put a note on there) when you want to upgrade to an iPhone. Fast forward got the iPhones and looking at my bill today - I had 3 family plans a 10 GB and 2 15 GB plans. I am glad I caught it early. Now it is fixed but the next bill reflect the 3 plans and has to be adjusted yet again. I told the guy what do I have to do to get those waived? He said so much trouble I got he waives them one for long time customer and the other because of all the trouble I go through . I am happy for now ! Until I probably see the next bill ....
Glad you got this taken care of. AT&T should have definitely waived your $40 fees! What a mess!