Just had my AT&T upgrade fee waived

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by iErik, Sep 13, 2014.

1. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

I just had an internet chat with AT&T and had my $40 upgrade fee waived for my iPhone 6. I first asked if a waiver was part of my FAN discount and it wasn't. I then asked if they would just waive it for being a loyal customer and they did. Didn't even have to fight for it. They noted the waiver in the the notes of my account and I just have to contact them again for the credit once the fee hits the account.

I thought it might be better to ask now before they get an onslaught of calls for waivers in a few weeks. Good luck, everyone! :)

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Sadly I already paid the fee on my AT&T parents account but then asked for a waive due to all of the upgrade preorder issues I had. Now I'm waiting for the refund to appear on my card, and I'm hoping they can change the $40 credit to be put on this bill for AT&T and not the next. I'd rather not have to worry about still having a balance and our service get disconnected lol. Although a AT&T guy I now have contact with said if that happens he will just give us credits.

3. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

They're getting tougher with the waive.

4. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I got both of mine waived today but man let me tell you .
    AT&T did such a number last month when they lost the phone I turned in from the NEXT program . Took me days to fix it. Then they messed up the bill while fixing the said problem and it said past due. I just paid after all can't have no past due bill (even they put a note on there) when you want to upgrade to an iPhone. Fast forward got the iPhones and looking at my bill today - I had 3 family plans a 10 GB and 2 15 GB plans. I am glad I caught it early. Now it is fixed but the next bill reflect the 3 plans and has to be adjusted yet again. I told the guy what do I have to do to get those waived? He said so much trouble I got he waives them one for long time customer and the other because of all the trouble I go through . I am happy for now ! Until I probably see the next bill ....

5. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@iErik

GR8 News! I'm going to try this myself.

Thanks for sharing!

6. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Glad you got this taken care of. AT&T should have definitely waived your $40 fees! What a mess!

7. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

good luck
    Like @Bennyboy says you may have to call a few times until you get the right person

8. Muckcityjustin

Gold

Just got my Sprint one waived

9. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

No upgrade fees with NEXT!!