Just Jailbroke 1.1.2

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Boosted_Brian

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Alright here the deal, exactly what I did.

To start I have a Windows PC running the standard Windows XP Professional SP2.

AT&T activated iPhone with firmware 1.1.1.

I went into install, I uninstalled all other application. Then is installed the OktoPrep. Installed and extracted the 1.1.2 Jailbreak.zip. I powered off then powered on the iPhone. Opened iTunes. iTunes prompted me that there was a new firmware's available. I click download and install. After the install was complete on the iPhone. I opend the windows.bat file that came with the 1.1.2jailbreak.zip. Once that opened I was prompted to start the jailbreaking process. I also choose to install the SSH at the same time by checking the box in the corner. It was at this time that I realized that I had not closed iTunes. So I closed it. Once the install was complete, I was told to power the phone off, and back on, and at that time the phone was AGAIN turn itself off and back on. It did, and when I got to the home screen the installer and SSH icons where there. Easy as pie.

If I can do this anyone can. I just got my phone Monday. While I do know a little about iTunes and computers, I am by no means as knowledge as some of the people here.

Good luck I hope this helps some of you who are contemplating the leap.

PS. All the rings tones synced perfectly

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
Send song is an app on installer too that alows you to send a song to ringotmes, after you sync they will not be in the sound setting anymore though. To fix the problem with the songs being not in setting, just send a song you have sent before and they all seem to come back.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Alright here the deal, exactly what I did.

To start I have a Windows PC running the standard Windows XP Professional SP2.

AT&T activated iPhone with firmware 1.1.1.

I went into install, I uninstalled all other application. Then is installed the OktoPrep. Installed and extracted the 1.1.2 Jailbreak.zip. I powered off then powered on the iPhone. Opened iTunes. iTunes prompted me that there was a new firmware's available. I click download and install. After the install was complete on the iPhone. I opend the windows.bat file that came with the 1.1.2jailbreak.zip. Once that opened I was prompted to start the jailbreaking process. I also choose to install the SSH at the same time by checking the box in the corner. It was at this time that I realized that I had not closed iTunes. So I closed it. Once the install was complete, I was told to power the phone off, and back on, and at that time the phone was AGAIN turn itself off and back on. It did, and when I got to the home screen the installer and SSH icons where there. Easy as pie.

If I can do this anyone can. I just got my phone Monday. While I do know a little about iTunes and computers, I am by no means as knowledge as some of the people here.

Good luck I hope this helps some of you who are contemplating the leap.

I did exactly the same yesterday and the only thing you have to do after jailbreaking is re-install your apps, which for me took only 3-4 minutes since I don't use many apps. Note that I always restart the phone after installing.
All my themes and ROMs were already in the phone so I didn't have to upload them again.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Send song is an app on installer too that alows you to send a song to ringotmes, after you sync they will not be in the sound setting anymore though. To fix the problem with the songs being not in setting, just send a song you have sent before and they all seem to come back.
What's that got to do with his post?>lol:laugh2:

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
?
Your title implies that you jailbroke a 1.1.2!.....(which i've been looking for: a process to break 1.1.2 without going to 1.1.1).......but YOU started with a broken 1.1.1; Unless I'm slower than I thought and misread you?

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
?
Your title implies that you jailbroke a 1.1.2!.....(which i've been looking for: a process to break 1.1.2 without going to 1.1.1).......but YOU started with a broken 1.1.1; Unless I'm slower than I thought and misread you?
The downgrade to 1.1.1 is incredibly simple I have done it twice already in order to get back to a fresh 1.1.2 to jailbreak again..

Yes, if you're already on 1.1.2, the only current solution at the moment is to downgrade back to 1.1.1, install oktoprep and upgrade back to 1.1.2.

Here's my step-by-step guide to downgrading from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 using Windows. Please note that this is just a temporary solution, so that you can install the Oktoprep app and upgrade back to 1.1.2. (Big thanks to faseone for confirming that it works!)

Before you begin, you'll need to download the following:
Firmware 1.1.1
http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...927.In76t/iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw

iBrickr
http://cre.ations.net/creation/ibrickr

Instructions for Windows

Step 1. Dock iPhone and plug into computer.

Step 2. Start up iTunes

Step 3. While holding down the shift key, hit restore. You'll get a prompt box. Choose the 1.1.1 firmware that you've just downloaded.

Step 4. Wait for the phone to downgrade. You will receive an error at the end and the phone will get stuck in restore mode. This is typical. Just exit iTunes.

Step 5. Start up iBrickr. Choose "Boot up Phone". This will kick your phone out of restore mode. After the process is finished, iTunes will start up again automatically.

Step 6. Restore your phone from a previous backup. After it's done, you won't be able to make any phone calls (since the baseband has been changed), but you will be able to use wifi. Using wifi, visit jailbreakme.com to jailbreak your phone.

Step 7. After you've jailbroken 1.1.1, follow the jailbreak guide in my first post to install oktoprep and upgrade to 1.1.2:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/jailbreak-software-for-1-1-2-released-by-dev-team.14862/

Note: I'm sure the process is almost identical for a Mac Intel, except you hit option+restore in step 3, and would use Independence (instead of iBrickr) to break out of restore mode. Can someone confirm?

Last edited by a moderator:

d0GGii

Nov 14, 2007
I have a quick question. How long would it take to upload the installer.app files to iPhone? It didn't seem be to working for me when I tried it last night.

I'm on a windows XP btw.

Thanks,

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I have gotten to the part where you are supposed to Jailbreak 1.1.1. Everytime I do and run the touchFree.exe and go through, there is no installer on my screen. In addition, during the touchFree process there is a bunch of errors and crap going on. I have done this 2 times and both times I have had to restore cleanly back to 1.1.2. Anyone? Help?

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
I have gotten to the part where you are supposed to Jailbreak 1.1.1. Everytime I do and run the touchFree.exe and go through, there is no installer on my screen. In addition, during the touchFree process there is a bunch of errors and crap going on. I have done this 2 times and both times I have had to restore cleanly back to 1.1.2. Anyone? Help?
To Jailbreak 1.1.1 just use wifi and goto jailbreakme.com on your phone...
install appsnap at the bottom..
its that simple

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
For us dingy people out there we need a touchfree jailbreak for 1.1.2!
I understand that but the guy before said he was using the touchfree on 1.1.1

thats why i suggested jailbreakme.com
You don't use the touchfree until you update to 1.1.2

davis5050

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
I understand that but the guy before said he was using the touchfree on 1.1.1

thats why i suggested jailbreakme.com
You don't use the touchfree until you update to 1.1.2
so your saying that I can go to the same jailbreak.com to jailbreak 1.1.2 that I used for my 1.1.1?

Boosted_Brian

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Its very easy. You simple open the .bat file and it does everything for you. Its basically the same thing as the original one touch jailbreak for 1.1.1 But this time you just click on the computer instead of the phone.

I am not by any means a computer expert. I just read and re-read everything, and followed the on screen instructions the best that I could and it worked out in the end.

To one of the earlier post would was trying to jailbreak the 1.1.2. You have to start the process while you are still running the 1.1.1 software. Restore back to 1.1.1 Jailbreakme.com, install the prep file, connect to iTunes, update to 1.1.2 close iTunes, and click the windows .bat file that will be included in the above mentions .zip file.

davis5050

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
I have to restore my phone because after I jailbroke the 1.1.1 my phone started acting all crazy. It wont let me retsore until i update to 1.1.2. I called support an asked how to restore without updating and they said that I couldn't. I want to update to the 1.1.2 then jailbreak it. I am not too swift with all this stuff any help would be greatly appreciated.

rr7922

Bronze
Nov 18, 2007
New York
i finally got the jailbreak 1.1.2 to WORK! But now I have a question...how do i get the themes to work once i install them? I cant seem to find it on my springboard or in any other settings....Help me please