Just Jailbroke-- now need to uninstall Installer

xoctinaox

Jan 6, 2009
Hi, I just jailbroke my iPhone 3G phone with QuickPWN and I thought that you needed both Cydia and Installer so I installed both. Does anyone know how to uninstall the Installer, so that I can just continue to use Cydia without taking up space with another useless App? any help would be greatly appreciated!:)

ess_bee

Bronze
Dec 16, 2008
UK
Hi, I just jailbroke my iPhone 3G phone with QuickPWN and I thought that you needed both Cydia and Installer so I installed both. Does anyone know how to uninstall the Installer, so that I can just continue to use Cydia without taking up space with another useless App? any help would be greatly appreciated!:)
There isn't a way apart from re-jailbreaking!

xoctinaox

Jan 6, 2009
How do I re jailbreak? Do I click restore, do not back up? I just want to make sure that my stuff is all going to be there when I restore.

ess_bee

Bronze
Dec 16, 2008
UK
How do I re jailbreak? Do I click restore, do not back up? I just want to make sure that my stuff is all going to be there when I restore.
Sync
Restore
Sync
Jailbreak

thats the process..

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
that is incorrect, there is a way! firstly, download OpenSSH from Cydia, then download cyberduck (for a mac, or windows equivalent) SSH into the phone, go to root/applications and delete the Installer.app folder. Reboot your iPhone and its gone! If you need help with the SSH part, let me know or search this forum - under the modifications board!

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Or... as installer is currently being updated, if you don't want to delete it fully, use Boss pref and Poof and just hide the app... just another idea if you not confident about messing around with SSH

xoctinaox

Jan 6, 2009
I already did it the normal way. Not too much of a hassle. I am so excited about jailbreaking! I have been so scared to but it seems worth it to me! Thanks everyone for the help

tirbanx

Feb 11, 2009
When I jailbreak my iPhone, I didn't select/check 'Installer'. Is there a way to install the 'Installer'?

thepunisher1991

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
When I jailbreak my iPhone, I didn't select/check 'Installer'. Is there a way to install the 'Installer'?

if you have finder all you have to do is go to var/stash/applications and you could just touch once the application and then on the bottom touch file then delete after that just respring and it should be deleted already1

Mes

Jan 29, 2009
I already did it the normal way. Not too much of a hassle. I am so excited about jailbreaking! I have been so scared to but it seems worth it to me! Thanks everyone for the help
Your method was the best. Just deleting Installer from Applications still leave traces behind (not much, but some). A re-jailbreak got rid of all :)

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I always install Installer and then Poof it away. You never know when you might need it. I remember when the app Rename suddenly disappeared of Cydia and was only available on Installer.

Vodka

Mar 14, 2009
sorry guys, really outdated of me... i using a 3G iPhone with firmware 2.21 and mind share how and where to get the installer and cydia?