Just learned how to CAPS lock

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Pharaoh

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
I never knew you could use caps lock, but just hit the arrow button to make the first letter of the next sentence capitol, when a lot of times i want the whole word or sentence capitol

so i was thinking 'they should have made it so you double tap the arrow button and its caps lock'...and i just did it...and it did make it caps lock..lol weird..but awesome, im glad I discovered that

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I never knew you could use caps lock, but just hit the arrow button to make the first letter of the next sentence capitol, when a lot of times i want the whole word or sentence capitol

so i was thinking 'they should have made it so you double tap the arrow button and its caps lock'...and i just did it...and it did make it caps lock..lol weird..but awesome, im glad I discovered that
I wanted to type an acronym in all caps the other day and had to push arrow-letter-arrow-letter-arrow-letter. It was kind of a PIA.

I will try this later! thanks!

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego

Nice find bro!

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007

Thanks for sharing that. You could have thought it's so obvious, everyone probably knew it already.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Can't bleve the thread has gone this long without some smartarse response about how well known this is and use of "search".

But I really think that's silly. As more and more new people join up and get a phone, they are "discovering" the cool little tricks we discovered as rookies also.

Since ya'll find this tip so helpful, in the interest of being helpful and not putting you down --- here's a another one for typing. When you need a number or punctuation or something from the "second keyboard", just hold down the ".?123" button allowing the second keyboard to pop up, slide over with your finger and choose what you want, then let up. It will return you to the text screen automatically, saving a tap or two.

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV

Which firmware do you have? I have 1.1.1 and I tried double tapping the arrow button to enable a 'caps lock' but it didn't work...hmm...:eek:

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
don't know what ya'll are doing but I have 1.1.2 and it works as it has since Day 1. Double tap it, it turns blue and it is cap locked until you tap it to turn it off.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Tinman

is that from 1.1.2?

In mine it no longer shows the Auto-Corrrection button but now has below that an "International Keyboards" submenu

looking now to see if Auto Correct is somewhere else...

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Tinman

is that from 1.1.2?

In mine it no longer shows the Auto-Corrrection button but now has below that an "International Keyboards" submenu

looking now to see if Auto Correct is somewhere else...
It's supposed to be 1.1.2, but I've never seen the International Keyboards setting. I added the Auto Correct option via a hack.

My keyboard doesn't have any changes (from 1.1.1) either.

--
Mike

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Well, it looks like my iPhone wasn't completely on 1.1.2. I did a full restore back to 1.1.1, then went back to 1.1.2, jailbroke it, and installed the keyboard patch.

Now my keyboard settings look like this (with international support):
--
Mike

Last edited by a moderator: