Just locked my phone...HARD. lol

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Just locked it up, on the Sarari browser.

Home key won't work, can't exit any other way.....seems to be locked hard into Safari. Anyone else run into this? I don't wanna do a factory reset...

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Ok, situation defused!

If you ever lock the phone up for any reason, you can hold the "Lock" key on the top right of the phone and it'll power off.
I'm sure everyone and their little brother already knew that, but I don't like reading manuals. I like to do things myself. It's faster, and I learn more about it. lol

Btw, the phone locked up while in the dock, and while I was cancelling out of a sync. (which is not a good idea, obviously)

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
ouch I haven't run into any problems except the rare browser close
There's another bug I can reproduce at any given time. If you're using google maps, and using the multi-touch zoom OUT method a lot, really fast, sometimes it will crash back to the home screen.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
My First Lock UP while selecting a song to play. Phone not responding at all.
Performed Hard Reset.

"To reset iPhone, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time until you see the Apple logo."

Back to normal

vrsc

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Orlando, Fl
yeah, I had the same issue. Didn't have anyway I know about the hard reset/soft reset so just figured it out ony own since I am familiar with iPods. Man was I had it worked :)