Just looking for clear screen covers, cheap!

smileyman

Bronze
Aug 3, 2008
I'm wondering if anyone here has a good source to order the clear screen protectors like the ones that come free with most cases (belkin, switcheasy). Mine has become severely scratched and need to replace it. I see there is one at the Apple store... but its $20 for 1! For $20 you should get a pack of 40... at least.

Any ideas?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I'm wondering if anyone here has a good source to order the clear screen protectors like the ones that come free with most cases (belkin, switcheasy). Mine has become severely scratched and need to replace it. I see there is one at the Apple store... but its $20 for 1! For $20 you should get a pack of 40... at least.

Any ideas?
The only thing I will say is that the free ones you refer to are cheap and that is why yours has become severely scratched. I had the ones from Apple on my V1 for a long time and it held up well. I don't know what you are looking at for $20, but these are $15 for 2 and are great.

Dakx

May 3, 2009
Northern Ontario, Canada
I went to my local FutureShop the same day I bought my iPhone and picked up this:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10110790&catid=

2 pack for 10.00, They're pretty good quality I must say, quite easy to install its been almost two weeks of ridiculous use and only two corners are showing "air" or lifting. Now I'm currently ordering a Rebel case off ebay, so I'm assuming this lifting will slow, or cease once the screen isn't flush with the edge and rub when going in and out of my pocket.

scraggles

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
The only thing I will say is that the free ones you refer to are cheap and that is why yours has become severely scratched. I had the ones from Apple on my V1 for a long time and it held up well. I don't know what you are looking at for $20, but these are $15 for 2 and are great.
Yeah, I don't know what he was looking at. I just replaced my phone earlier this week, and the first thing I did was grabbed a screen protector as my last screen scratched like it was made out of soft plastic when I didn't put a protector on it.

I picked up the anti-glare 2 pack from the Apple store for 14.95$ and after nearly a week of using it, I absolutely love it. It doesn't pick up the fingerprints the 'crystal' protectors pick up. After nearly a week I've rubbed a cleaning cloth across the screen once. Before I put a screen protector on, and when I've used the crystal clear screen protectors, I had to rub a cloth across the screen to remove sweat, grease, and fingerprints from the screen at least 5 times a day.

I was skeptical about getting one from the Apple store too, but it was definitely worth it. Not to mention, I still have one sitting in my iPhone box that I may never end up needing.

thomasanderson

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007

Any ideas?
Dude Ebay is your best option. I get mine from ebay all the time for cheap, and they work just as well as the ones in the AT&T store that they charge you an arm and a leg for. I even get my "mirror" screen protectors for like $2 for a 3 pack with free shipping. Just do a search for "iPhone 3g screen protector".

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
I too am in the market for a good screen protector. I've seen some of the screen protectors that have the matte type finish (not the mirror one though) does anyone know what they are actually called? So that I can go and buy the specific one from a shop?

scraggles

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
I too am in the market for a good screen protector. I've seen some of the screen protectors that have the matte type finish (not the mirror one though) does anyone know what they are actually called? So that I can go and buy the specific one from a shop?
Those are the anti-glare. I'd highly suggest those as they don't seem to show the grease and oil from your fingerprints nearly as well. I sweat my ass off at the gym while texting last night, and I didn't have to wipe the screen off. The back of the phone is a whole different issue.