Just order MacBook Pro....

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
just ordered a Macbook Pro.....

[FONT=Lucida Grande, Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Specs[/FONT]

• 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  • 4GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x2GB
  • 160GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
  • SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
  • MacBook Pro 15-inch Glossy Widescreen Display
  • Backlit Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
  • Accessory Kit
  • AppleCare Protection Plan for MacBook Pro (w/or w/o Display) - Auto-enroll
...on October 16th it was a birthday gift...i ordered it before i knew about the release of Leopard...but im pumped because they have an up-to-date program and if you order between October 1, 2007 and December 29, 2007 you get leopard for FREE link (well you gotta pay s&h) i cant wait to get my new mac i am currently and have been a PC guy since i started out but cant wait to make the switch as i have had many iPods and an iPhone and couldnt be happier with either so im sure ill love my new mac...anything i should know/get with this mac

any advice/suggestions would be helpful in making this transition...

thanks
reas0n

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
sweeeeeet... I can't wait its in indianapolis right now lol only reason I didn't get more space is because I have a 500 gb external hard drive... So I didn't need a lot of space... But just a question... Was the transition easy?

kr3st

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Winter Park / Orlando, FL
yes the transision was fairly easy / simple... just gotta get used to it... i spent almost a whole day figuring it out and stuff. But once you get the hang of it, its so amazing and simple i love it. i got a program called crossover so you can open exe on macs which is what i needed and when i get leopard ill just use bootcamp and run windows as well but other then that i love it!

kr3st

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Winter Park / Orlando, FL
... oh and another thing is I wish i could sync or even send photos, contacts or songs to the iPhone but you cant... which isn't the MBP's fault its the iPhones...:( boooo! but yes i love it and im going to keep buying mac products for the rest of my life! ill be selling my mbp i just got 2 days ago soon because in january the mbp is getting a speed boost up to 2.8ghz.

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
o ok you didn't mention the bluetooth before... Yeah i used to have a motorola that i could sync with my laptop through infared... Never used it much even tho the laptop has built in infared... Not very important to me... As long as i know i can send a vcard through email and save it on my phone if need be thats good enough fir me...

jjk454ss

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
So how was the transition from PC to Mac? I just got home with my Macbook, installing Leopard now. Plan on selling my PC, just hope I love the Mac OS, this is my first.

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
this is my first too...youll love it....although i wouldn't recommmend selling your pc just yet...theres going to be some getting used to so in the mean time its good to be able to work on things with the pc youve know for years while learning on the mac the transition is easy...but theres still some stuff you gotta get used to

maclaptopuser

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
this is my first too...youll love it....although i wouldn't recommmend selling your pc just yet...theres going to be some getting used to so in the mean time its good to be able to work on things with the pc youve know for years while learning on the mac the transition is easy...but theres still some stuff you gotta get used to
This is excellent advice.

I upgraded 1 month old MacBook Pro to Leopard and near the end of the install got the "Blue Screen of Death". Actually, it's even nicer looking and brighter than I remember as I have not seen it on my PC at work for years.

Apparently I'm not the only one with a bricked MBP or MB for that matter as I do a search there are a lot of people experiencing this problem. So since my Mac is useless at this point until Apple will admit there is a problem (something that they historically are not eager to do) and provide a patch, I'm tossing this sucker into the corner.

It's a good thing I have a very reliable ThinkPad for my mission critical work computer. I've used PowerBooks and now MBPs for some time, and it seems that ever since Apple took the word "Computer" out of it's name, it no longer cares.

As we all know it's more about posing and looking cool with an iPhone.....it's a good thing I have one.

Although there is this problem.......with my iPhone. Well I will save that story for another time......Rock On Steve!