Just ordered my iPhone

B-MAC

Sep 15, 2007
Ohio
hey guys, i just signed up here because i just ordered my 8g iPhone. im pretty excited. i also ordered the belkin case, a car charger, and a invisbleSHIELD. im going to get a holder for it for when im in my car, and a headphone jack from my stero so i can use it as an ipod in my car(ill also have to get the belkin headphone jack adapter thing)

i was wondering what is the best way to get AIM on there, idk if there is a download(not sure if i wanna download non Apple things on there) or a website. also wondering how i could get games and stuff on there. im sure i will come up with some more questions :p but for now this is all. thanks. any other useful information you guys could tell me would be awsesome!

jnowaczyk

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Michigan
www.gsmunlockonline.com
Welcome to the Forums ..... as far as aim just do a quick Google search
on aim for the iPhone I am sure you will dig up tons of info on it
or take a spin in the forums .... enjoy your new phone ;)

B-MAC

Sep 15, 2007
Ohio
thank you very much. i think im going to use flickim.com, anyone tried it yet? :laugh2:

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
hey guys, i just signed up here because i just ordered my 8g iPhone. im pretty excited. i also ordered the belkin case, a car charger, and a invisbleSHIELD. im going to get a holder for it for when im in my car, and a headphone jack from my stero so i can use it as an ipod in my car(ill also have to get the belkin headphone jack adapter thing)

i was wondering what is the best way to get AIM on there, idk if there is a download(not sure if i wanna download non Apple things on there) or a website. also wondering how i could get games and stuff on there. im sure i will come up with some more questions :p but for now this is all. thanks. any other useful information you guys could tell me would be awsesome!
Congratulations and welcome to "THE" iPhone forums!

;)

B-MAC

Sep 15, 2007
Ohio
yeah im just going to use an AIM client thats over an internet page, until they come out with one from Apple i think. does it charge as texts that way?

z28black98

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Tulsa, OK

definitely download ibrickr to your comp and installer on your iPhone. Installer has plenty of apps, games, utilities, etc. Once you install it, if you don't like it, you can uninstall from your iPhone. It will also list updates when available on programs you already have installed. its nice a lil program. I would recommend it.

Kipper

Bronze
Exactly what oriolesfan23 and z28black98 said. Apollo is the way to go. No need to log onto a website for AIM. They are still working on updates and such for Apollo but pretty much it works flawlessly.

B-MAC

Sep 15, 2007
Ohio
phone should be here tomorrow sometime (hopefully fedex will leave it because im at school from 7-11 and 1130-330) but when i get it, how do i activate it? and how can i choose a number? will i have to go to the store to choose a number?

jerrettpaul

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Denton, TX
phone should be here tomorrow sometime (hopefully fedex will leave it because im at school from 7-11 and 1130-330) but when i get it, how do i activate it? and how can i choose a number? will i have to go to the store to choose a number?
activation is pretty easy. you just plug your phone into iTunes and the activation screen should pop up. if you go to www.apple.com/iPhone there is an instructional video on how to activate your phone that is pretty helpful.

as far as the number goes, you do not have to go to the store. you can do it right there from iTunes sitting at your computer. its going to ask you if you want to use your same number or make a new number. its pretty easy. just be sure to watch that videa. it covers it all there.

a quick comment on getting aim and/or games on your phone, and using ibrickr to do it. you have to be careful with ibrickr because i've heard of it not working with iTunes 7.4. i've also heard of it working with iTunes 7.4. ive used apptapp. but before you do any of that i encourage you to go to the modding section of the forum to make sure you know what your getting yourself into, it isn't hard at all, you just want to be sure of how to do those things and what it entails.

and finally, welcome to the forums! hope all of that helps :) enjoy the phone! they're are definitely a lot of fun!

B-MAC

Sep 15, 2007
Ohio
what is the word on Apple coming out with things that people have made mods of, like to do lists, games, wallpapers, ringtones... anyone?

jerrettpaul

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Denton, TX
i'm sure Apple will probably develope some of these things. its just a matter of how long that takes. they probably already have developed them and just have'nt released them.

and who knows if they'll cost anything? my guess is that for things like games they will try to do it through some sort of pay to play thing, like all other cell phones.

who knows though? to get any updates from Apple we all have to wipe out our mods anyway, hopefully their software is as good as all the native software!:p

did you get your phone, dude?

B-MAC

Sep 15, 2007
Ohio
no they said monday or tuesday, and of course it wouldn't show up monday :p so hopefully today sometime.

thanks for all the help ill let you know when i get it.

B-MAC

Sep 15, 2007
Ohio
guess who came home to an iPhone :) :) right now im trying to get it set up and activated before i go back to school...hope i can do it idk how long it takes.